Friday, May 18, 2012

C25K in the Great Outdoors

May 19, 2012

Today's workout: C25K



It's back to the C25K. I downloaded the app to my iPhone way back in the fall and started on December 1, 2011, that was Day 1 of week 1. Day 2 was on December 3rd...I was staying on track...well...at least for two days anyway. Day 3 happened on December 26, 2011. It was a beautiful Boxing Day, so I decided to resume my C25K workout schedule. I am a bit of a sucky outdoor winter runner. It has to be non-icy conditions for me to go outside. I'm afraid of slipping, falling and injuring myself. I have great admiration to all Marathon runners because they train through all weather conditions. I don't know if I could do it. Like my friend Erika T, I have seen her run, on some of what I think, have been nasty days. Way to go Erika! Stay Strong!
So...getting back to my C25K schedule
It looked like this...
Week 1
Day 1-December 1, 2011
Day 2-December 3, 2011
Day 3-December 26, 2011
Week 2
Day 1-January 9, 2012
Day 2-February 5, 2012
Day 3-May 19, 2012(today) lol

It's not that we had a terrible winter, just the opposite...BUT...it was also finding the time to get outside to do it. That's why I do my workouts in the mornings, in house, before my kids wake up.
I may attempt to do another few days this weekend. I did run more in this morning's workout than I was supposed to. With the shape that I am in, I probably could have ran the full 5K, but since I have to sleep outdoors for the next couple nights I will use the progression training method. Plus too, my last day for this was in FEBRUARY!

Today's food...
Breakfast: Raisin Bran Muffin/Tropical Quinoa Health Bar


This is the spot after my workout.
I have tried loading the pictures up but it doesn't seem to be working on my end. If a slew of pictures show up once I publish this, I will fix it all up after the weekend. And if no pictures show up, I will add them in after I return home.

Lunch: Egg Salad on Foccachia Bun/Blackberries

                                 

We had to eat the egg salad up. Even in the cooler with ice, it was starting to stink the place up.

Snacks: Red Grapes/Sweet Potato Chips/Herbed Hummus with Basil & Walnut Pesto/Baked Garlic Pita Chips

I packed some healthy snacks so I would have the same kinds of food choices that I have at home.
Dinner: Kraus' Campfire Stew


This is my husband's creation that we all enjoy while we are camping.  It has mushrooms, chicken, potato and other mixed vegetables. So good!


Our our way to the beach...

Make sure you have ALL your bags packed ready for fun in the sun!

We also did some hiking on the trails...

Here is my little man roasting marshmallows by the fire...


Hannah asked me if I had a good clean recipe for S'mores. I don't.  BUT...I will work on one when I get home. I have made my own marshmallows before, but they were far from being clean. So...I will try, and if I succeed, I will let you all know. I know one ingredient that you will need...Dark Chocolate, get the good stuff 70% cocoa or greater. The rest, I will try and clean up.


Snuggles by the fire...



More hiking, trips to the beach and maybe another day of C25K tomorrow.

Until then...Stay Strong!

Have a great night!

Trina

No comments:

Post a Comment