Sunday, May 20, 2012

Just Another Day At the Beach

May 20, 2012

Today was supposed to be my Rest Day. When you are camping with two young children, there's never time to rest. Or is there???

I started the day off with C25K again...


WOW two days in a row, I'm on a roll. I ran longer with shorter walks during the workout. It was a beautiful run. I took one of the trails through the park we are camping in, it was SO nice.

We also did some more walking to and from the beach, twice today. The kids had a great time down at the beach. Playing in the sand, making new friends and splashing around it the not-so-warm water.

LOVE IT!

I did manage to get a little quiet time to myself this afternoon. My husband took the kids out and I was able to sit and read a book, that doesn't happen very often. I heard all the hype about the book Fifty Shades of Grey, so I bought it for myself. So that is the book that I am reading now.

A Little R & R for me!

Today's food...
Breakfast: Tropical Quinoa Health Bar/Raisin Bran Muffin/Red Grapes

My Camping breakfast. The bars are messy, but they are good.

Snack: Today was kind of a Munchie-kind-of-day. I ate some blackberries, another Quinoa bar, a Almond Macaroon, some Sweet & Beets(sweet potato chips and beet chips), raspberries and Baked Garlic Pita Chips with Herbed Hummus/Basil Walnut Pesto mixed in.

Almond Macaroons

We didn't really have lunch though. With going to the beach around mid day, and it being so hot, I just drank lots of water. We had an earlier dinner tonight so that we could go back to the beach before dark.

Dinner: Grilled Chicken and Baby Spinach Salad with Berries


A delicious and healthy choice for a camping dinner.

This is our 3rd year camping with the kids and it's the first year I feel great. The snacks that we brought on this trip have change drastically since the trips in the past. SO much better! SO much CLEANER!

At least the food was CLEAN...our daughter on the other hand, NOT so clean. If she could play in the dirt 24/7, she would! I will get her all Sparkling Clean tomorrow.

Until then...Stay Strong!

Trina

1 comment:

  1. Looks wonderful. I cannot WAIT to go camping with our kids...we've never taken them!

    ReplyDelete