Thursday, May 31, 2012

Week 1 Day 4 of RushFit

Week 1 Day 4 = Cardio + Stretching for Flexibility

Let me begin by saying, "I did SO NOT want to get out of bed this morning!"  The bedroom windows were open all night, the temperature dropped outside, and it was FREEZING inside! Plus I went to bed too late last night.  I hit my snooze button once, and 9 minutes later I was up.  I knew I had to get up, since the RushFit workouts are longer than the Body Revolution workouts.  I wasn't sure how long the Stretching for Flexibility would be.  It started with the same 10 minute Warm Up, which I didn't really need to do because I was already warm since riding my spin bike for 35 minutes for my Cardio.  After the Warm Up, there was 25 minutes of stretching.  This was exactly what I needed to help with the soreness in my body.  I was running out of time.  My alarm to wake up my son went off and I still had about 12 minutes to go.  I ran to his room and I told  him it was time to wake up.  Since I was out of time...I did skip the Cool Down on this one today.  It wasn't SO bad though, since I had just stretched out for 25 minutes already.  Next time I will make sure I wake up in time.

I am surprised I am not that sore through my core area from yesterday's workout.  So you know what that means...Push it harder next time through this workout.  I'll push the UP button.


Yesterday I told you about my obsession of notebooks(it's nothing serious...it's not like I need therapy for it or anything).  I also told you about the Stay Strong! Notebook that I made up for myself and about the Giveaway.  I asked you to spread the word to try and break the 50 Follower mark...and you have done it!  As of Noon today, there were 55 followers. Thank you!  Welcome to all of the new comers to my blog...I hope that I can help inspire and motivate you throughout your health and fitness journey.  If you have any questions or comments, please either leave a comment of my blog or email me at phatsoslim.staystrong@gmail.com Okay enough talk, here is the winner...

Jessica Faure is the winner of the first Stay Strong! Notebook.  
Congratulations!

I will giveaway another Stay Strong Notebook when I reached the 75 follower mark.  So if my blog(my jibberjabber) has inspired, motivated or helped you in any way, please tell a friend to check it out and maybe together WE can help, motivate and inspire them as well.


Today's food...
Breakfast: Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Muffin/Red Grapes
This is my second last one from the first batch that I made from The Fat Burning Meal Plan recipe book(Body Revolution).  Once I eat my way through the all the other muffins I have made over the last couple weeks, I will make some more of these again.  I may alter the recipe so they are not so dry though.  I will post my results and my additions to the recipe.
I snacked on a few Red Grapes after the muffin this morning.
 










Lunch: Salmon Guacamole Burger with Roasted Garlic & Butternut Squash Soup
I had left over Guacamole, so I decided to throw it in with the salmon to make up these burger patties today.
     
I should have made the burgers yesterday to go with the Sweet Potato Fries, and ate the Salmon fillet with the soup today.  Oh well...next time.  I added a touch of fun and colour by adding 3 coloured GoldFish Crackers.  The burger was good, but I didn't really get to enjoy it, as it was kind of crazy at lunch today with the daycare kids.  So by the time I got to eat my food, it was a bit on the cooler side.  The soup was warm, so I dipped some of the burger patty in my soup. 

Snack: Sacha Inchi Seeds "Karmalized"

Dinner: Tropical Quinoa Health Bar/Raspberries and Potato Chive Bread
I know this looks like a crazy dinner and not my "normal" fair of food...BUT...we had a Fun Fair to get to, and I was a bit pressed for time.  It was the 3rd Annual Fun Fair at my son's school.  The kids had a BLAST!
     

Tomorrow is Fight Conditioning day.

Until then...Stay Strong!

Good night

Trina
 
I saw this quote on Facebook today on a friend's wall, and just had to share it with you since...I WAS up too late last night, my body WAS sore, it WAS very cold in my bedroom and it WAS early...
BUT...I got up, I braved the cold, I got over the soreness and well I was tired...but I still did my workout.  No Excuses!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment