Saturday, June 2, 2012

Week 1 Day 5 of RushFit

Week 1 Day 5 = Fight Conditioning

Well today was Fight Day...LOL.  One thing I forgot to mention in my previous RushFit posts...the workouts are done with No Shoes and No Socks.  They do show the one guy wearing shoes in one of the workouts, but the rest are bare foot.  In another workout, I think the lady, Victoria, is wearing shoes too.  But for the Fight Conditioning Workout, no socks and no shoes are required.

This workout starts with the standard Warm Up, 5 Rounds of fight training and ends with the standard Cool Down. 
Round 1 starts out rather easy but it lays the foundation for what is to come.  Round 2 and 3 works the legs and the arms with kicks and punches. 

During Round 4 I had to lower my pants a bit...LOL...In Round 4, you are on the ground, on your back for pretty much the entire round...I'm not being dirty here either, it's just the way it is.  The reason I had to lower my pants was...I wore the pants with the zipper pocket in the back, and when I wear these, the zipper digs into my back side and results in a bruise.  So I pulled them down a bit to do the exercises in this round.  Next time I will remember to wear different pants or shorts. 

Round 5, it's time to put it all together and fight.  You don't really fight anyone, but the moves get you ready for it.  Between each Round, it's not rest time...you do some Squat Kicks and then some Push Ups then move on to the next Round.  The Grappling moves are tough to get the hang of at first, but I know I will improve with time(and with different pants on).  I really like how they switch sides with the kicks and the punches, this way you strengthen both sides of the body.  It may feel awkward at times from switching left to right, but for me, it's not too bad because I write with my left hand but do mostly everything else with my right, so I am able to function fairly well on both.

I know the next time I do this workout, I will be a little more co-ordinated with some of the kicks and pivots, because practice makes perfect.  And that is what we will do...RIGHT?  No matter what workout you are doing, never give up, keep on trying your best and you will improve.  You will get better and your confidence will grow and failure will not be an option for you.  Keep pushing yourself on that road to a Healthier Version of You.  I want to see it.  After I get through the first few weeks of RushFit, I am going to start another challenge for myself.  During the last part of Body Revolution I did my Plank Hold Challenge.  I will think of something and let you all know what the challenge will be and when I will start.

Today's food...
Breakfast:  Phat French Toast with Berry Syrup
I made this French toast up this morning instead of having pancakes.  I used 2 slices of Dempster's Body Wise Multi Grain bread, 1 egg, 1 egg white and 1/2 teaspoon of Pumpkin Pie spice.  I used Maple Syrup and raspberries, but you could try Agave Syrup or Honey, with whatever kind of berries that YOU like.
 


Lunch: Seasoned Cod with Cantaloupe Salsa
I had to get this piece of fish used up because it was starting to stink up the fridge down in the daycare.  I thawed out some salsa and quickly cooked up the Cod while the kids began their lunch, and then I was able to enjoy mine as well...


Snack: Chocolate Almond Butter Banana Freeze/Honey
I had a spoon full of honey in the morning...just because I wanted some.  The Banana Freeze was eaten in the afternoon.

Dinner: Sweet Onion Chicken Teriyaki Salad from Subway
Friday's seem to be turning into Subway day with my family.  Since discovering that you can turn the subs into salads, I have always opted to do so.  They are GREAT!


After Dinner Snack: Dill Pickle Chips
This was a special snack that I could not resist.  This chip was given to me by my son.  It wasn't just any Dill Pickle Chip...it was a Heart Shaped one...

 It was lovely!
And so thoughtful and sweet.

I have Cardio again in the morning, plus RushFit's Balance and Agility.

Until then...Stay Strong!

Good night

Trina

1 comment:

  1. Are you liking Rushfit as much as body revolution? Any pros? I am really liking JM Body Revolution so was wondering. Krista

    ReplyDelete