Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Week 3 Day 3 of RushFit

Week 3 Day 3 = The Fight Conditioning Workout

Another tough morning to get out of bed.  This is what is looked like this morning...
Actually this picture was taken after my workout. 

The temperature cooled down last night and was great for sleeping, but the bedroom was freezing this morning and I could have easily stayed snuggled under the covers with my little girl.  During the night was rough too.  I heard my son crying at about 3:30am, so I went in to see what was going on.  Then my daughter, who was in bed between my husband and I, woke up and needed to go to the toilet. So it was a very eventful night.  Our little kitten, Soc, also made an appearance in the night as well, she tried to snuggle in beside me too.  She was the one that got me moving.  I heard her meowing...she was trapped in the bathroom.  She must have gone in there when my husband was getting ready for work and she never came out before he shut the door.  Way to get me out of bed Soc!

My workout was FANTASTIC this morning!  The Fight Conditioning Workout is the kicking, punching, sprawl, wriggle and squirm workout.  In addition to NOT wearing my zipper pocket pants for this one, I also have to remember to wear a longer shirt, which I DID today for this one.  Because you are on the ground for Round 4, there are some moves that you move your body side to side on your back(Hip Raise), causing some friction on your back if you are wearing like a sports bra top.  Don't worry though, maybe it's just me and the surface that I am working on.  So today I wore a t-shirt over top of my sports top and it was much better.  I pushed it harder this morning.  My punches were harder and my kicks were fierce. 
I am definitely getting the hang of the moves, like the pivots.  It sounds easy to pivot, but you have to stay on the same lead leg.  So if you start in a right side stance, you must do the punches and shoot then pivot into a right side stance again and repeat.  Then switch to the left side, and repeat the sequence.  I was pleased with my calorie burn this morning, 274 calories.

So some of you may be wondering WHY the ticker on the side of my blog has not moved yet.  Well I will tell you why...I am giving the scale a break right now, PLUS...I don't feel like I have lost or gained any weight.  So I am waiting until the end of the first 4 weeks of RushFit.  I feel strong,  I feel good and my clothes are still fitting the same, if not better.  Well maybe not the pants I had on for painting.  They were a pair of Yoga pants that fit tight this time LAST year, so you can imagine there were pretty much falling off...YAY! LOL

Today's food...
Breakfast: Spiced Broiled Grapefruit
This breakfast is from Tosca Reno's Eat Clean Cookbook

Very nice!
I never thought of broiling a grapefruit.  The serving size is 1/2 grapefruit at 104 calories per serving. 
It was so good, I ate both halves, for a total breakfast of 208 calories.  Yummy!

Lunch: Salmon Burger Patty with Pineapple-Mint Salsa and Roasted Garlic & Butternut Squash Soup
                         From Frozen                            From Frozen.........................From Fresh
                                          All of it tasted wonderfully delicious!

Snack: Chocolate Covered Carrot Cake Pop/Ball

Yummy as ever! 
Even after being in the freezer since March.
Dinner: Grilled Chicken Cashew Teriyaki Salad

This is a healthier choice from McDonald's.
It was okay, I think I still prefer the Spicy Thai Salad with Grilled Chicken.
Just a touch of dressing for either salad.

Our children had their last swimming class tonight and they both did amazing.  They both have come so far since the first set of classes in the fall.  I'm SO proud of them.  My son asked my husband if they could go to McDonald's.  I didn't really want to go there for dinner, but time was ticking on and they haven't been there for a long long long time.  And we won't be returning for a long long long time either.  Last year we used to go there WAY TOO MUCH.  At the beginning of this year we stopped, we may have gone once or twice over the last 6 months, and maybe it will be once or twice over the next 6 months.  This was not a reward for them, they each got a NEW HUGE Beach towel as a REWARD for completing their swimming lessons. 

After Dinner Snack: Poppers and Roasted Red Pepper Dip


So tomorrow's workout is the Abdominal Strength & Core.  I feel so strong through my core already, so I am going to try and push the UP button in the morning.  I may even Plank It if I have time.

Until then...Stay Strong!

Good night

Trina 

No comments:

Post a Comment