Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Week 4 Day 3 of RushFit

Week 4 Day 3 = Abdominal Strength & Core Conditioning

So I am in the middle of my 4th week of RushFit, Beginner Training Schedule.  Since I have gained muscle but still feel "blobby", I have decided to switch to the Advanced Training Schedule next week.  That's right!...I am skipping right over the Intermediate Training Schedule.  In the Advanced TS, I will have to double up workouts on a couple days a week.  But since the week after next is my vacation, I figure I will need to kick it up the week after...so why not start the week before.
There is still one more RushFit Workout that I still have not done yet...the Explosive Power Training.  If I were to stay on the Beginner Schedule, I wouldn't get to that one until my second last, and then do it only once after that.  By switching next week, I will be doing this one next Thursday along with the Full Body Strength & Conditioning workout...YIKES!  The have them scheduled as AM & PM workouts but I am going to try to do them back to back in the morning.  We'll see what happens...

Today's food...
Breakfast: Fruit Crepes with Chocolate Sauce
I have openly admitted that I AM a Chocoholic.  I will never be a recovering one...EVER.  I LOVE IT!  But you know that I only eat the great stuff.  Okay, okay, so the chocolate cake that I ended up making for the party was not so great, but it was good...and by that I mean it tasted good but it wasn't made CLEAN.  The piece I ate at the party was the leftovers of my daughter's piece.  Anyway, back to this morning's breakfast...

Here are some pictures that will definitely tempt your taste buds...



Okay here are the recipes you need to create this wonderful dish. 

First you need the recipe for...

EASY PANCAKE MIX
5 minutes  Makes 12 servings(1/3 per serving)
INGREDIENTS
1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
1 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
6 tbsp yellow cornmeal
6 tbsp raw sugar(evaporated cane juice)
1 tbsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp sea salt

ONE: Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and mix well. Store in a cool, dry place.

EASY!!!!
Second you will need...

FRUIT CREPES WITH CHOCOLATE SAUCE
15 minutes(or so) 4 Servings
INGREDIENTS
Crepes
1/2 cup Easy Pancake Mix
1 egg
1/4 cup 1% milk(I wanted to use Almond Milk, but I didn't have any)
1/4 cup water
Dash of sea salt
1 tbsp coconut oil, melted

Filling
1/4 cup fat-free Greek yogurt
1 tbsp honey
1/8 tsp honey
2 kiwi fruit, peeled and cut into chunks
1 banana, sliced
1/2 cup fresh pineapple chunks
1/2 cup chopped fresh strawberries(or Raspberries would be good too)
1 recipe Dark Chocolate Sauce, warmed

ONE: To prepare the crepes: Whisk together the pancake mix and egg in a medium mixing bowl.  Gradually add the milk and water, stirring to combine.  Add the salt and coconut oil and stir until smooth.

TWO: Coat a small nonstick skillet with cooking spray and place over medium-high heat.  Pour or scoop about 1/4 cup batter into the pan.  Tilt the pan with a circular motion so that the batter coats the surface evenly.  Cook the crepe for 1 to 2 minutes or until the bottom is lightly browned.  Loosen with a spatula, turn, and cook the other side for 1 minute longer.  Repeat to make 3 more crepes.

THREE: To prepare the filling: Whisk the yogurt, honey, and cinnamon in a small bowl until smooth.  Add the kiwi, banana, pineapple, and strawberries(or raspberries).  Stir gently just to combine.  Set aside.

FOUR: Place each crepe on a dessert plate.  Spoon the reserved fruit mixture down the center of each crepe.  Roll into a tube and place seam side down on the plate.  Drizzle with the chocolate sauce and serve immediately.

If you are the only one that will be enjoying this tasty creation upon completion...only get out 1 plate and spoon the fruit onto 1 crepe ONLY...LOL...save the rest for another day.  I am going to try and freeze a serving to see how it holds up over time.

And lastly, you will need the recipe for the...

DARK CHOCOLATE SAUCE
10 minutes Makes 4 servings
INGREDIENTS
4 oz dark chocolate 70% or greater
1/2 whole milk(I wanted to use Almond Milk, but I didn't have any)
2 tbsp raw sugar(evaporated cane juice or Sucanat)

ONE: Heat the chocolate, milk, and sugar in a small saucepan over low heat.  Stir constantly until melted and smooth.  Serve warm.

Put them all together and you will have yourself a delicious breakfast or lunch or dinner...you decide when you would like to enjoy this.  I hope you like it.

The original recipe was taken from the Flat Belly Diet Cookbook.  I changed up the sugar and the coconut oil. Next time I will changed up the milk and maybe the all-purpose flour that I use as well.
The calories listed in the book for the Fruit Crepes with Chocolate Sauce is 370 calories per serving.  But remember to enter the ingredients into your recipe calculator to calculate the calories in the recipe that you follow.

I have found many great recipes from this cookbook.  Now that I have been eating CLEAN, I have learned to adapt and change the recipes that I find.  And you can do it too.  Sometimes it takes some experimenting, but once you get the right recipe, make sure you write it down so that you can use it over and over again.

Lunch: Tilapia with Baby Carrots
I told you I was going to be eating Tilapia again today.  I couldn't let it spoil in the fridge. 

Yum...Quick and easy too!

Snack: Raspberries & Green Grapes
They were just so good yesterday, I needed to have more again today.

I know that I still need to watch the natural sugar intake from these fresh fruits, but at least it is better than eating candy.

Dinner: Sweet Onion Chicken Teriyaki Salad from Subway

                                  ...because today is Sweet Onion Chicken Teriyaki Day at Subway.

We went out to the store tonight just to get out of the house for a bit.  We were in Canadian Tire checking a few things out, when my daughter spotted some PINK dumbbells.  I was looking at some heavier weights when she spotted them.  She told me that she needed them for her workouts.  It's a good thing they were only the 1 lb dumbbells and not the 10's...lol...she's 4 years old. 

So here she is going through her workout...

The first exercise is called, "Side Kick Lemonade", and the second one is called, "Arm Pencil Stand".
So if you want to order her "100 Day Lil' M Workout" please send "$299.00" to her.  LOL
She's too funny. 
Look out Jillian, GSP and Bob Harper, there is a new KID in town.

I'm so happy that I have been able to, and continue to, set a good example for both my children.

Well I don't know if I will be doing the Lil' M workout in the morning, it's a bit too rich for my blood...LOL
But I will be doing the RushFit Full Body Strength & Conditioning workout.

Until then...Stay Strong!

Good night

Trina

No comments:

Post a Comment