Monday, September 3, 2012

Day 1 of Round 2 Body Revolution - Kickstart

Day 1 = Workout 1 + Cardio 1

Today was Day 1 of Round 2 of Jillain Michaels' Body Revolution, beginning with the 7-day Kickstart program.

I did NOT wake up at 5:30am this morning.  I actually was ONLY getting to sleep at that time.  Last night we went to the ALL Nighter Drive-In Movie theatre.  This picture of me and my kids was before the movies started.  We had our blankets and pillows ready, packed some healthy food and we were READY! 

I actually stayed awake for all 4 movies, normally I pass out before the second movie over.  We got home at about 4:50am, so there was NO way I was doing my workout then.  Went to bed, and woke up at 10:45am this morning. 

It was time to workout...



As I mentioned my husband is on board for this round of Body Revolution.  We were both dressed and ready to go.  Both a bit sluggish from the long night at the movies, but we got through Workout 1.  In Workout 1, I used 5, 8 & 10 pound dumbbells to do the moves.  I carried on with Cardio 1 while my husband recovered.  His fitness level is not the same as mine so he did what he could and got through it.  he did awesome!  If you are a beginner, don't push it too much because you don't want to get hurt.  BUT if you are going through YOUR second round PUSH THE UP BUTTON.  I did the Push Ups in the military position, added weights to the Sumo Squats and some of the other moves that are not shown with weights.  PUSH IT UP! 

I forgot how much we move in Cardio 1...LOVE IT!  When I was doing my last round of Suicide Runs, my daughter was watching me and telling me to go faster and faster. And you thought Jillian was tough!

This post is not going to be long today since my day has been cut short.

Today's food...
Breakfast: Greek Yogurt with Cinnamon & Almonds
I wasn't sure if my husband would like the Greek Yogurt or not...but he did, well he ate it.  It is definitely a taste that you will get used to.  When I first ate the plain Greek yogurt it almost turned my toes instead out.  I mixed up a container of plain Greek yogurt with the cinnamon and slivered almonds and then dished it up.

Now this breakfast of mine was eaten at around 1:00pm.  Which seemed at little strange for me since I normally eat it at around 7am. 








Lunch: Salmon Salad
Lunch was served at around 5pm...but it was still lunch.  We were still planned to eat steak later tonight.
I had salmon of course and my husband and the kids had chicken and salad.
Everyone was happy!
Snack: Hummus and Carrots Sticks
I made the hummus this afternoon and we enjoyed this snack as we were making dinner.  The kids had their bath and were asleep in bed by this time.

Dinner: Steak with a Salad
A great way to end an AWESOME long weekend!!!

This was the food of Day 1 of the 7-Day Kickstart program.
It was delicious!


I will be up early tomorrow to continue on with this FANTASTIC program.  And getting my son off to the second grade, he's so excited.  Tonight was the easiest day out of the entire summer to get him into bed and to sleep.  LOVE IT!

Until then...Stay Strong!

Good night

Trina

2 comments:

  1. After WO1 and cardio yesterday, I actually felt a little sore this morning! Can that be? Guess I was pushing the UpButton without even thinking about it. I'm loving phase 1workouts the second time through!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Joann,

      I was sore too after the first couple days. It feels GREAT! I definitely pushed the UP button yesterday. I did Workout 2 twice, the second round was alongside my husband. I am glad to be back to Body Revolution too.

      Stay Strong!

      Trina

      Delete