Monday, October 1, 2012

Day 29 of Round 2 Body Revolution

Day 29 = Workout 5 First day of Phase 2

This Motivated Monday and Phase 2 got off to a...not so good start. I didn't get much sleep last night. I kept waking up in the night because of this silly cold I have, and then to top it off, my daughter came in and used me as her pillow, and her foot rest. My alarm rang out and there was NO WAY I could get up an function, let alone workout. I probably would have passed out. So I stayed in bed and got a pretty good sleep from 5:30-7:00am. When the 7am alarm rang out I was up, but no time for a workout then. I had to wrangle my troop of two out of bed, and get them ready for school. They were very slow moving too this morning.

I did manage to get my workout in.  After lunch, during nap time for the daycare kids.  I had about an hour and a half to...GET. IT. DONE.  And I did!  I completed Workout 5 of Body Revolution and Level 2 of Killer Abs.  And I was right!  I would have passed out if I would have got up this morning at 5:30am to do these two workouts. 
In Workout 5, the Triceps are worked and worked and KILLED!  I have upped my weights from the first time around.  And with feeling not so great, that upped the intensity, I had to fight to keep breathing.  Don't worry though, I know my limits.  While doing Killer Abs L2, I did take a couple breaks here and there.  With learning some of the new moves, I kind of had to watch for the first few seconds of the move.  When it came to doing the Burpees(I think she called them 5-Point Burpees), I wasn't sure what were we going to do, so I watched the first time in the circuit.  The second time, I started and then something happened and my foot got stuck and jarred the whole right side of my body...it wasn't pretty.  Thankfully, I was only in pain for a few minutes.  Nothing serious.  Nothing to keep my down.  My Motivation Monday found itself at mid day today. 
I am still feeling crappy but those workouts gave me some extra energy to help fight off this cold.  Hopefully I can sleep better tonight.

Today's food...
Breakfast: Vanilla Butter Finger Smoothie/Orange Juice
Something just didn't taste right with this smoothie this morning.  Maybe it was because the way I have been feeling.  The last couple days my eating has not been what is normally is, so things can only get better.

Lunch: Salmon with a Baked Sweet Potato topped with Shredded Zucchini

Snack: Carrot & Zucchini Bars
I had a picture and then I deleted it...Brain not functioning still.
I will show you tomorrow and add the recipe too.

Dinner: Beef, Vegetable and Barley Soup

It was another soup night for me.  Unfortunately it wasn't my homemade soup and not as nice as mine.  But seeing I didn't feel like cooking anything, I just picked up a can at the store while I was picking up my copy of Oxygen's Off the Couch!


This is the first issue of Off the Couch! that I have purchased, so I am really looking forward to reading it.  From what I looked at briefly, it's ALL about Motivation.  A great day for it!  I am still very much motivated on my journey, but on crappy sick days it's always nice to get some extra help.  On days like these I don't feel like I am motivating YOU that much.  But if you are sitting on your couch feeling fantastic, but you are not much liking that extra cushion that you are sitting on...AKA...your A$$...get up and get moving.  If I could get moving this afternoon and get my workouts in feeling like a BIG bag of CRAP...SO CAN YOU!!!!  Now MOVE IT! Or You are NOT going to LOSE it!

I am going to sign off now so I can look through my new read before heading to bed.  Hopefully I will feel much better in the morning.

Until then...Stay Strong!

Good night

Trina

                                                                  Happy October 1st!
My Little Witch!

2 comments:

  1. Where did you purchase the Off The Couch magazine?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Yasmine
      I bought my copy at Shoppers Drug Mart here in Canada.

      I hope you find a copy too.

      Trina

      Delete