Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Day 30 of Round 2 Body Revolution

Day 30 = Workout 6

Well I had a little bit better of a sleep last night.  I was not used as a pillow or a foot rest.  I woke up to my alarm at 5:30am and was ready to go.  Workout 6 is awesome!  I had forgotten what exercises were in this one.  I knew that it was for the back of the body, plus some abdominal work, which is always good to do.  While doing this workout, I was wondering what weights I had used last time around for some of the moves.  It's a good thing I wrote it down.  Very important!!!  Write down the weight you use for each move so that you know for next time.  I didn't look at it before the workout because I was just going to do what I could and how I felt.  After completing the workout, I had a look back to Day 30 of Round 1.  Here is a exert from that post...

"The one Abs move, Jillian tells you to get your "heaviest weight and lay on your back..."Lat Pulls with a very very high Crunch"...Ouch...I grab my 10's...I could barely lift them over my head and sit up at the same time.  I dropped them down(no not on my head) and switched to my 8's...much better." 

Well today, Day 30 of Round 2...I used the 10's with no problem.  Well it was challenging, but doable.  Maybe Round 3 with bring on the 15's...something to look forward to.

The one exercise that I really don't like that much is the Superman move, and in Workout 6, Jillian adds weights to it.  This was what I wrote in Round 1...

"The Superman's were not just Superman's. They are Weighted Superman's...this is where the ughhh part comes in. Jillian tells you to get a light weight, so I grabbed my 5's...well...I did 2 with the 5's then NO weight. Next time through I got out my 4's(I didn't even them out and ready, I thought I was past the 4 lbs dumbbells stage...thought wrong."

Today I tried 5's again and I was having trouble breathing while laying down, so I dropped the weights and continued on with my son's 2lb dumbbells.  Hopefully Friday I will be feeling and breathing better to tackle the 5's again.  I am not going to beat myself up over this because I know that it is just a temporary set back.

For the Cable Bicep Curls...I did one with the cable and ditched it for my 15 lb dumbbells, it was MUCH harder than the cable.  The cable didn't really give me much resistance, so instead of messing around with the tension on them, I grabbed for the dumbbells.  Since curling the 15's in Workout 2, I kind of missed them in Workout 4. 

After Workout 6 was done, I didn't feel like I had it in me to do the Glorious Glutes workout that I have been doing, so instead, I did my own lower body workout for my Glutes & Hams.  Followed up by resuming my Plank Hold Challenge.  NO, I did not start off where I left off...at a 7 minute plank.  I held it for 2 minutes this morning.  That's my starting point this time around.

Today's food...
Breakfast: Steel-Cut Oats with Apples & Almonds

Snack: Carrot & Zucchini Bar

This was a second try at the recipe.  I found the first try was too moist(hard to cut) with not much flavour.  I change the flour that I used and added more spices.  This batch was moist but not too moist, it was much easier to cut into squares.  The flavour is still not to my liking.  They are good, but not what I was hoping for.  I have seen other carrot bar/cake recipes with a cream cheese icing on them but I was hoping to save some calories on these.  With saying that, I did try making a cream cheese icing with just cream cheese and honey...it tastes GREAT!  I will post this recipe soon.

Lunch: Roasted Garlic and Butternut Squash Soup with Salmon
The Salmon Monster Strikes Again!!! 
I'm glad she likes salmon, but she ate most of it.

Dinner: Sweet Onion Chicken Teriyaki Salad

First night of my daughter's dance class and still feeling like crap = I didn't want to cook tonight

Here is the long awaited Chocolate Pumpkin Brownie Recipe...Sorry it took so long.  I hope you like it.


Chocolate-Pumpkin Brownies
Makes 24 Brownies
INGREDIENTS
3oz light cream cheese, softened
3/4 cup coconut oil, softened
1/2 cup honey
6 egg whites
1 cup cooked or canned pumpkin
1 tbsp vanilla extract
3/4 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp sea salt
6oz dark 70% dark chocolate, chopped
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp ground ginger
1 1/4 cups Power Flour Mix*
1 1/2 cups coconut palm sugar
1/4 cup 1% or skim milk 
3/4 cup coarsely chopped walnuts, toasted (optional)

*Power Flour Mix**
¼ cup spelt flour
¼ cup kamut flour
¼ cup brown rice flour
¼ cup unbleached whole wheat flour
¼ cup barley flour
¼ cup amaranth flour

Mix all the flours together in an airtight container and store in the refrigerator.

**This Power Flour Mix is from Tosca Reno's best-selling book The Eat Clean Diet for Family & Kids.  I have used it with her recipes and have created some of my own recipes using it as well.  For more great CLEAN recipes check out ALL of Tosca's cookbooks, plus the Clean Eating magazines.  They are all fantastic!!!

DIRECTIONS

ONE: Preheat oven to 325F.  Spray a 13x9x2 inch baking pan with Olive Oil cooking spray; set pan aside.

TWO: In a medium mixing bowl beat cream cheese with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds.  Add the honey.  Beat until well combined, scraping sides of bowl occasionally.  Beat in egg whites, pumpkin, vanilla, cinnamon, and ginger until combined.  Set aside.

THREE: In a small bowl stir together the Power Flour, the baking powder, and sea salt; set aside.


FOUR: In a large saucepan combine the chocolate and coconut oil.  Cook and stir over low heat until melted and smooth.  Remove from heat.  Gradually add the coconut palm sugar beating with an electric mixer on low speed just until combined.  Add the milk.  Gradually beat in pumpkin mixture, combine well.  Then gradually add in the flour mixture, mix until just combined.

FIVE: Spread into prepared pan.  Sprinkle with walnuts if using.  Bake for about 60 minutes or until center is just set when pan is gently shaken.  Cool in pan on a wire rack.  Cut into servings and enjoy!

For nutritional information enter the ingredients that YOU use into a recipe calculator.  I use the one on www.myfitnesspal.com  You may choose to cut yours into more or less servings OR add a frosting to yours too.

If you have any questions about this recipe please feel free to message, email me or leave a comment below.

Have a great night and I will talk to you tomorrow again.

Until then...Stay Strong!

Good night

Trina

No comments:

Post a Comment