Thursday, October 4, 2012

Day 32 of Round 2 Body Revolution

Day 32 = Workout 5

This one is SO great!  Did I say that already the other day?  Maybe not because I wasn't feeling so well.  I am still not 100%, but I certainly gave 100% this morning during this workout.  I LOVE the push ups in this one.  The Push Up with Side Plank...LOVE IT!  This one here really works the Triceps, I will definitely be returning to this workout after I am done the 90 days...less 32...WooHoo!  After I completed Body Revolution the first time, the workouts that I did after that did not work my triceps like this workout did.

I followed up Workout 5 with Level 2 of Killer Abs.  I was able to push myself more this morning than I could the other day.  The Burpees were not a problem for me at all today.  The Side Plank Angels are still one to work on for me, I can do them but I don't look very angelic doing them.  I definitely recommend this workout to all of you.  It's fantastic!  However, if you are a beginner do the modified versions of the moves until you are ready and able to move forward.  Mark this DVD down as one of your REWARDS.

Now for ALL of you that are going through Body Revolution for the first time, this next part you might want to skip.  That's if you are following the meal plan to a T.  And for the rest of you...this next part is ONLY for a special occasion.

I AM a cross between Tosca Reno and Martha Stewart with a little bit of Jillian Michaels thrown into the mix.  I can cook, bake, sew, eat CLEAN, decorate for all occasions but Halloween is my favourite, and I can work out hard and motivate people.  I just don't have books, t.v. shows and DVDs...well...not yet anyway!

Here is the recipe that many of you have been waiting and asking for.  The Dark Chocolate Crepe Cake ~ ALL CLEANED UP!
So this next recipe is...well was...one of Martha Stewart's from the 2009 Halloween magazine.  I have since changed it and cleaned it up for you.  I hope you like it.  It's a LONG one.  Some things can be made the day before the final assembly of the cake.  Be sure to read through the recipe first so that you know what and when you should being doing.
DARK CHOCOLATE CREPE CAKE~ALL CLEANED UP!
Makes one 8-inch cake, if using a 8-inch crepe pan (mine was a 10-inch pan)
INGREDIENTS
¼ cup water
¼ cup coconut oil, solid cut into pieces
8 oz Dark 70% cocoa chocolate, finely chopped
1½ cups whole wheat flour OR Power Flour Mix* 
½ cup honey
½ tsp sea salt
2 ½ cups 1% milk, room temperature
3 large eggs, room temperature
5 large egg whites, room temperature
1 tbsp pure vanilla extract

*Power Flour Mix-Recipe can be found in Tosca Reno's Eat Clean Diet for the Family and Kids or on my post with the recipe for the Chocolate Pumpkin brownies
  
CREPES

ONE: Bring the water to a rolling boil in small saucepan over med-high heat.  Add coconut oil a little bit at a time, whisking to combine after each addition.  Remove from heat; stir in dark chocolate until completely melted.

TWO: Whisk together flour, honey, and sea salt in a medium bowl.  Whisk together milk, eggs, egg whites, and vanilla in another bowl.  Gradually add milk mixture to flour mixture, mix until smooth.  Add chocolate mixture, whisking until smooth.  Transfer mixture into an airtight container.  Refrigerate at least 2 hours or up to overnight.  While you are waiting for the time to pass, prepare the Hazelnut Cream.

HAZELNUT CREAM
Makes about 1 ¼ cups
INGREDIENTS
¼ cup hazelnuts
¼ cup dark chocolate
¼ cup honey
3 tbsp coconut oil
¾ cup 1% milk
1 tsp of soy lecithin
1 to 2 tsp potato flour

ONE: Place the hazelnuts in a food processor and chop to a fine mixture, add in the soy lecithin, and potato flour.  Mix

TWO: In a small saucepan on low to medium heat, combine dark chocolate, honey and coconut oil, stir until melted and smooth.  Add in milk, stir until thickened.

THREE: Once thickened, pour into a sterile jar with a seal lid, tighten and turn upside down.  Caution the jar will be hot.  Let cool before using.  This cream must be used within a couple days as there are NO preservatives in it (you will use most of it for the recipe anyway).

HAZELNUT FILLING
Makes about 8 cups
INGREDIENTS
2/3 cup of coconut milk cream, cold refrigerated overnight(do not shake can)
6 large egg whites
1 cup honey
¾ cup coconut oil, cut up
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup hazelnut cream


ONE: Open the can of coconut milk and scoop the thickened coconut cream on top and place it in a bowl. With an electric mixer on medium-high speed, beat coconut cream until soft peaks form, approximately 4 minutes.  Transfer to a medium bowl.  Refrigerate 1 hour.  Wash mixer bowl and whisk.

TWO: Whisk eggs whites and honey in a clean bowl of the electric mixer set over a pan of simmering water until honey blended in and mixture reaches 160F.

THREE: Attach bowl to mixer, beat on high speed until slightly cooled and stiff (but not dry) peaks form, approximately 5 minutes or so.

FOUR: With mixer on medium-low speed, add coconut oil a bit at a time, mixing well after each addition (meringue will deflate slightly as oil is added).  Add vanilla, hazelnut cream, and salt; mix until mixture just comes together, 3 to 5 minutes.  With a flexible spatula, fold in whipped cream.  Place in refrigerator until crepes are made.

CREPES (resumed)
THREE: Once the crepe mixture has been refrigerated for the proper amount of time, lightly coat an 8-inch crepe pan with melted coconut oil.  Heat on medium heat until it is just starting to smoke.  Remove pan from heat; pour about 2 tablespoons of batter into pan, swirling to cover the bottom.  Reduce heat to medium-low; return pan to heat.  Cook, flipping once, until edges are golden and center is dry.  Slide crepe onto a plate.  Repeat with the remaining batter, coating the pan with coconut oil as needed.  Stack the crepes when they are finished cooking.  You should
have about 32 crepes (if using a 8-inch pan).  Crepes can be refrigerated, covered, up to 1 day.
        
This first picture is the crepe mixture after being in the fridge.  Second picture is of a crepe cooking.

                                   
                                               Finished crepes waiting for the assembly step.
FOUR: Assembly ~ Place a crepe on a wire rack set over a rimmed baking sheet.  Spread with about 3 tablespoons of filling.  Top with another crepe.  Continue layering with filling and crepes, ending off with a crepe on top.  Place in the fridge until firm, approximately 15 minutes.  Make Chocolate Glaze and then return go to Step FIVE.

CHOCOLATE GLAZE
Makes about 2 cups
INGREDIENTS
1 ¼ cup of coconut milk cream, cold, refrigerated overnight
1 tablespoon honey
10oz 70% dark chocolate, chopped

ONE: Open the can of coconut milk and scoop the thickened coconut cream on top and place the cream, honey, and salt into a medium, heavy saucepan over medium to high heat and bring to a boil .  Remove from heat.  Add chocolate; swirl pan to cover completely with cream.  Let stand about 5 minutes, and then stir until smooth.  Let cool completely.

LAST STEP

FIVE: Spoon ½ cup of chocolate glaze on top of the cake, spread out to the edges.  Spread the remaining glaze around the sides, coating completely.  Refrigerate until chocolate glaze is firm and set, approximately 20 minutes.

Cake can be refrigerated for up to 3 days.

Whew! That was long!  If you have any questions just let me know.

Today's food...
Breakfast: Scrambled Eggs and Canadian Back Bacon with Salsa


Snack: Cleaned Up Carrot Cake drizzled with Honey Cream Cheese Icing

The cream cheese icing was made with light cream cheese and honey. 
NO icing sugar at all.

Snack: Carrot & Zucchini Bar/Brown Bag Popcorn

Dinner: Chicken & Vegetable Soup

The picture of me and my daughter was taken because we needed a can of crushed tomatoes.  So I sent a text to my husband asking him to pick up a can on his way home from work.  My daughter said, "Take a picture of us and send it to Daddy"...and that's what I did.  And as you can see by the soup, my husband came through with the tomatoes.

Snack: Cleaned Up Carrot Cake/Raspberries

I had to run out to the store to pick up some pumpkin pie spice, so I picked up some raspberries and I just couldn't resist to have some as an afterdinner snack along with a piece of carrot cake, no icing.

The reason why I needed the pumpkin pie spice is because I did this today...

I cooked up this pumpkin to make a Pumpkin pie and maybe a Pumpkin Cheesecake for Thanksgiving.
As CLEAN as I can make them.  If they turn out okay, I will share the recipe. 

This was a long post...I'm exhusted...LOL.  I'm going to relax now.  Talk to you tomorrow.

Until then...Stay Strong!  I know it will be hard, now that I have shared that Cake recipe, but you can do it!

Good night

Trina


1 comment:

  1. that cake recipe sounds amazing....i'm gonna try it soon! yum yum. where do you get your clean substitution ideas from? i think i remember you talking about getting clean eating magazine...

    ReplyDelete