Thursday, November 8, 2012

Day 67 of Round 2 Body Revolution

Day 67 = Workout 9

My day started with my little girl snuggling right into my back, and then she asks, "Can I scooch over a bit more?"  I thought she meant for her to scooch the other way, so I said of course you can.  I was wrong, she nestled into me even more.  Alarm rings out...snooze button in operation at that point.  It was so nice to snuggle with her but I had to get to my workout.  So up I got, a little later yes, but it was actually earlier than yesterday's wake time.

Workout 9...Front of the body once again.  I pushed myself with this one this morning.  8 lb dumbbells was my weight choice of the day.  That might not sound hard to those of you that are lifting heavy...BUT...for those of you that are doing Body Revolution or have done it, you will know that 8 lbs for this workout will be a challenge.

So today is November 8th and the day I scheduled to reach my goal of 100 Blog followers and 200 Facebook page LIKEs in order to give me that push to register for the Tough Mudder Toronto.  Sadly I did not meet that goal.  Clearly you all love me too much to put me through that grueling event, by not passing on my information on to your family and friends.  For ALL of you that did pass it on, I thank you...and I HATE you...I am JOKING of course...I LOVE you, but I can't believe you want me to jump into freezing waters, get shocked by the electric eel and to finish me off...the Shock Therapy. LOL  I want to do this event...am I CRAZY???...YES!...and that is why I NEED the support, so THANK YOU very much for your support.  I will set a new goal date...January 10th, 2013...THAT is when the price goes up once again.  I have 2 months to reach this goal.  I can do it! I WILL do it!  Just think of the stories and the pictures that I will be posting throughout my training and to top it off the day after the event...err...ummm...maybe 2 days after the event.  

Now what would cause a real dilemma for me, would be if the Color Me Rad 5K was planned for the same day as the Tough Mudder.  Hmmm...get covered in dirty water, mud and get electric shocked OR get covered in bright coloured paint.  What would you do????  I would love to do both!

AND I would love to catch the events on camera too.  I have been looking into a GoPro Hero3 The World's Most Versatile Camera.  Check it out!  It's a pretty cool camera.  The video caught the attention of my children when we were in the store the other night checking things out.  That would be so cool if "Mummy" was the star of the show.  I would be their HERO!

All right enough about training, let's talk about food.  It's not gonna happen if I don't eat the right foods.  Clean eating ALL the way!  The new November/December issue of Clean Eating Magazine is now on sale.  Lots of great holiday recipes in there to check out.  There is a Spaghetti Squash recipe on page 75 that I will definitely be making.  Spaghetti Squash with Chicken, Pears & Parmesan.

Today's food...
Breakfast: Steel-Cut Oats with Slivered Almonds & Dark Chocolate
Instead of just plain water to cook the oats in, I used some steeped tea from David's Tea.  I thought of this while the tea was steeping.  If I would have thought of using it before I made the tea, I would have chosen a different flavour.  I used Cocomint Cream.  I should have used Banana Dream Pie...next time.


Don't get me wrong the Cocomint Cream was nice, but I didn't have any coconut in the house to add to the oats, instead of the slivered almonds...next time.  With the Banana Dream Pie tea, I would put some fresh banana into the cooked oats along with the dark chocolate and almonds...mmm...next time for sure!

Lunch: Sweet Onion Chicken with Carrots and Salad
I made up some chicken breast up today for my lunch.  I mixed up about 2 tablespoons of Sweet Onion Dressing with 1 tablespoon of Olive Oil and about 1 teaspoon of Balsamic Vinegar.  Poured it over the Chicken breasts and baked for about 25-30 minutes.


And lunch was served.

Snack: Clean Sugar Cookies
During quiet time today, I made up some clean sugar cookies.  The other night I picked up some Halloween bake ware up at 80% off the regular price. It was awesome!  SO...it was Halloween cookies for snack time today.
And this won't be the only day for these.  I am not one to put great bake ware away for a whole year just because it's seasonal.  If it's good, use it.  All year long!
I will post the recipe for these cookies on the "Cook With Me" page. 

Dinner did not happen for me.  We had to go out to our children's school for parent/teacher interviews.  Got good reports from both of our kid's teachers.  Very please parents we were walking out from the school.  Our next stop was the comic book store and this is where my night turned for the worst.  My husband told the kids they could each get one or two comic books.  This is where the whining began and it didn't stop.  Two wasn't enough, my son wanted three, and that wasn't happening.  So...we became the worst parents on earth.  The parents that were on a mission to buy stuff for Birthday Party loot bags...HIS birthday party loot bags for this coming Saturday.  Terrible we are.  Aren't we???  We needed to go to the LEGO store next, but first we needed some food since we left the house at 5:23pm after the last daycare kid left.  To the school by 5:30pm.  We stopped somewhere to eat, and by this time, I was in a really bad mood.  I was upset from the way my children were acting towards my husband and I.  I didn't feel like eating anything.  We carried on our journey to the LEGO store and picked up a few more bits.  After my husband bought the loot bag bits, I was sneaky and picked up a few things for my son for his birthday.  As mad and upset as I was, I still wanted to get him these little things because I know that they will make him smile on his birthday. I paid for them and snuck them into my bag seconds before my son came over to the counter. (Being a parent is one of the hardest jobs in the world, even though I get frustrated at times, I love my this job and I love my employees with all my heart). Then off to the store to get the makings for a birthday cake.  My daughter freaked out because she couldn't come in the grocery store with me.  My husband took an earful in the care while I was in the store picking up cake supplies.  While I was in baking aisle, I had a woman ask me what she needed to make gingerbread cookies.  I am not a walking talking recipe book, but I did try to help her as best I could.  She was looking for a ready made mix, the store didn't sell anything like that.  I even took her up to the cold section where the Pillsbury cookies can be found.  But there were no gingerbread to be seen yet.  They may have them as it gets closer to the holidays.  Even though I was unable to produce some gingerbread cookies, she thanked me over and over again for helping her.  My spirits were lifted and I felt good...until I returned to the car and my husband filled me in on the behavior of our daughter.  It was late, they were tired and it was bedtime.  Thankfully next stop was HOME and to bed.  Sorry for my little venting session but I just wanted to tell you why I didn't eat any dinner.  Hopefully both my kids will get a good night's sleep as tomorrow is a PD Day.  I hope the drama will not carry on in the morning.  So with that being said, I am going to bed to rest up for what lies ahead of me tomorrow.

Until then...Stay Strong!

Good night

Trina

No comments:

Post a Comment