Monday, November 12, 2012

Day 71 of Round 2 Body Revolution

Day 71 = Workout 11

Workout 11 had to wait until this afternoon.  My little girl had such a bad cough throughout the night, that left us all with a not so good sleep.  So the alarm was shut off and extra sleep was needed this morning.

Well I hit Workout 11 during nap time this afternoon.  There was no sleeping going on for me though.  This workout is 35 minutes in length and I burned a total of 332 calories.  I'd say that was a pretty good burn for an afternoon workout.  This is the one with the Cable Push Ups, Three Part Push Ups and Scorpion Push Ups.  So with saying that...I tried doing my Just Plank It Challenge afterwards and I could only hold it for just over a minute today...my arms were DEAD.  The push ups were not the only contributing factor to my arms being in the shape that they were.  There was the Twisting Plank, One Legged Mountain Climbers and Plank Triceps Kickbacks and many other moves to fatigue the arms and legs and abs.  It's a good one.

Today's food...
Breakfast: Egg Whites and Salsa
This is my go to breakfast when I don't know what I want to eat.  It's easy and it's so good.  6 egg whites cracked in a dish, mixed with a dash of sea salt and a couple shake of oregano.  Topped off with my homemade salsa.

Lunch: Tilapia, Salad, Sweet Corn and Sweet Potato Fries


Snack: Ooey Gooey Banana Chocolate Bread Pudding
I only made this because I had some bread that I wanted to use up.  The recipe for this is from Tosca Reno's Eat-Clean Diet Vegetarian Cookbook.


Dinner: Tuscan Chicken Panini
Our Monday nights have usually been Chili at Tim Hortons while my son goes to acting class.  But tonight I wanted to try something different...
The Tuscan Chicken Panini
It was really good, but probably not very good for me.


So I told you about my upcoming singing debut last night with the Glee Karaoke for the Wii.  What I didn't tell you here on my blog is that I got shut down after only 2 songs last night. : (  LOL.  I thought I was being quiet.  But I guess singing Karaoke at 10:30 at night when your family has all gone to bed, is NOT such a good idea.  When I sing, I like to belt out the lyrics and pretend I can sing.  SO...Tonight after all the daycare kids had gone home, I got my chance.  I ran up to the attic/loft and grabbed my microphone and started belting out the tunes.  Well I soon found out how my son felt about my singing, he was booing me.  He was throwing things at me...LOL.  I was saved though...We then had to go out to his acting lessons.

Once we returned home, I was back at it.  This time I had two little backup singers.  My son was no longer being a heckler, we were singing together as a duo.  We ROCKED out The Time Warp, Fat Bottom Girls, Losing My Religion and ACED...I Wanna Hold Your Hand.  We tried some other songs but didn't do to well because we didn't know the words and how it went.

Despite how we sound or how well we knew the lyrics, we had FUN!  And that is what counts.  My daughter was cute, as she was the dancer.  My son and I sang while she danced around us.  It was lovely.
It's the same with exercise...you have to try and even if you are not good at something, as long as you are having fun trying you will see change.  You may not ever see me on Broadway...but I am having fun pretending to be there.  And it's a workout too.  With singing and dancing around I was winded.  It certainly makes one appreciate performers and all that they do on stage.  Now I know why some choose to lip sync...LOL.

I'll be hitting Workout 12 tomorrow and most likely some more Karaoke for a second workout of the day.

 
Until then...Stay Strong!

Good night

Trina

No comments:

Post a Comment