Sunday, January 6, 2013

Rest Day = Planning and Grocery Shopping


Rest Day = Planning and Grocery Shopping

I mentioned last week that a friend of mine from High School was starting Jillian’s Body Revolution Program.  Well she is ROCKIN’ through her first week and doing great.  She sent me a message today with a few questions. 
Through the first week while doing the Kickstart program, you cut out sugar, fake and natural.  My friend has chosen to cut out her coffees as well.  During this time, most people will find they experience headaches and possibly a slight lack of energy.  Below is what I wrote back to my friend in response to her message…
“I'm fine thanks. The first week is always the toughest. Sounds like you are doing great. Your distance will improve. You are going to improve your body overall and you will pull motivation from that and your distance will increase. You are going to ROCK the road!
Most of the meals that I took pictures of while doing Body Revolution last spring, were from Jillian's Fat Burning Meal Plan that is part of the Body Revolution program. Other meals were made from Tosca Reno's Eat Clean cookbooks and Clean Eating magazines and cookbooks. The recipes in the Body Revolution meal plan are great! I think I made most of them.
I just received my February issue of Oxygen magazine in the mail last week. In that, there is a meal plan for a 4 Weeks to a Leaner You program. I might try that out to change things up. It's always nice to find other clean eating food plans so that you don't get bored of eating the same old thing.
Once you start introducing the good carbs back into your eating plan, you will feel better. If you follow the meal plan pretty close to how it is written, you will teach yourself how to eat CLEAN, and how to make CLEANer choices when going out to eat as well.
You mentioned about cutting out coffee. I am not a coffee drinker so I didn't have to deal with that at all. I am a Chocoholic though. But as I have mentioned in my blog on various occasions, I only eat the good stuff. And it's not like I sit down with a plate full of it though. I use the good stuff, 70% dark, to bake with. No milk or white chocolate for me.
I used to drink diet Pepsi all the time. But as of the 1st of January, it has been over a year that I haven't had one and I don't miss it at all. Some things that you think you may need in life to survive...you will come to realize that you can live without and be even stronger than before. I don't know if I'm ready to give Chocolate the boot yet, even the good stuff.
Have fun this coming week with your workouts and enjoy your Rest Day, you deserve it.”


So in my above response to my friend, I mentioned the Oxygen magazine’s “4 Weeks to A Leaner You” meal plan.  There is also a workout plan to follow as well.  It is called “Build Your Best Body”.  I first saw the article in the new February issue of Oxygen as I was reading through it the other night.  Then I noticed it read…
This was Month Two of the program.

SO…I then realized I had to go out and pick up January’s issue of Oxygen.  Normally I buy them as soon as they hit the newsstand, but in this case I didn’t have January’s because I had ordered them through my kid’s school for the magazine subscription and I wasn't sure when the first issue would come.

This is Month One and it is the one I will be starting with.

I downloaded the grocery list and went out shopping.   Today’s grocery shop was nice because my husband and the kids stayed at home.  The joys of going grocery shopping on your own…insert the peaceful music here_______.  It’s almost as nice as going to the spa.  I said ALMOST.  For those of you that know me and for those of you that have been reading along, you know how crazy my kids can be at times, so you will know why today’s shop was extra special to me.  Half the time when we all go to the grocery store, I forget have the stuff I need because the two of them are acting up.  For those of you who do not know how crazy my children are, here is an example.  This happen just this morning…

I was still in bed and my husband had gone off to work this morning.  My daughter comes in the bedroom to tell me that my husband has gone to work.  She was only wearing a shirt.  Not crazy yet, I know.  I call my son in to ask him something…he comes running in naked…LOL.  I asked him to get dressed.  He said he didn’t have any clean underwear.  I told him there were some in the pile of clean clothes on the floor.  Yes I know, I know, clean clothes should be folded and put away.  I’ll get to them soon.  Anyway, my daughter is still running around in her shirt.  So I asked her to find some underpants.  I know my story doesn't sound so crazy, but pictures are worth 1,000 words (or more).  

This is what she came up with…

She nuts and I love her!

Here is my son, a little bit later in the morning...
Yes, his hands are green.
LOVE HIM!  
It got a science kit for Christmas and he was "making potions".  
Let's just say I NEED a maid 24/7 to clean up after these children.
I have tried cleaning up the house SEVERAL times since Christmas happened, and as soon as I turn around it looks just the same and sometimes...WORSE than before.  There are green spots on the floor in the kitchen, the hallway, the dining room.  Plus my son got Spider Man Web Shooters for Christmas and he has been shooting blue webs all over the foyer.  

So going grocery shopping today was a lovely treat for me.  I got the foods and other supplies that I needed to begin this new meal plan tomorrow.  I might be missing a few things only because the store did not have them in stock, but I can always run out tomorrow and get them for later in the week.  As I said in my message to my friend, it’s always nice to find different meal plans and recipes that can mix up your healthy eating regime.  If you eat the same thing over and over again, it can become boring and that’s when you might feel yourself wanting to stray.  But that’s when you have to tighten up and Stay Strong!  A Good Change is good!  Change it up and you will succeed.  That goes for your workouts as well.  That’s the nice thing about the Oxygen magazine article, the workout is right there in black and white and colour for you to see and follow along.  Although, Month One the training plan is as follows…

Week 1: 3 days per week
Week 2: 4 days per week
Week 3: 5 days per week
Week 4: 6 days per week

If I followed that, I would be moving backwards, as I already workout 6 days a week.  I will keep you posted on this program.  Plus the other workouts that I will be doing.  I can't hang up my Zumba dancing shoes already, I have only just begun.

Let the games begin tomorrow bright and early.

Until then…Stay Strong!

Good night

Trina


No comments:

Post a Comment