Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Stress Created from Sadness


As mentioned in my previous post tonight, here is the second part…

I have also been stressed and saddened with the health of some family members and friends this year, and the end of last year.  In December, a good friend ours lost his mother to cancer.  She fought a good fight, but in the end, the cancer won.  May she rest in peace with no more suffering.

In loving memory of Cathy MacDonald


In January, my brother-in-law, my sister’s husband, lost his Mum as well.  In the end they found out that she may have been suffering from cancer as well.  I feel a great loss as my two nieces and nephew have lost one of their Grandma’s.  Marie, rest in peace.

In loving memory of Marie Desmeules


This one hits even closer to home.  On Sunday, I found out that my Aunt had passed away.  Last night I said my good bye to her at the funeral home.  She was laid to rest today.  Aunt Wilma, you will be missed and loved forever.  My deepest sympathy goes out to her children, and their children, and the rest of the family.

In loving memory of Wilma Campagnaro

As if it wasn’t bad enough to hear that my Aunt Wilma had passed away, but I also got the news that another aunt, my Mum’s sister, Dorothy, is not doing so well with her fight against cancer.  Last year she chose to have her leg amputated in hopes that that would get rid of the cancer.  She was doing great and then the news came that the cancer had returned. 

 


Damn this cancer thing!  I wish we could shut the door on it and it never come knocking again.  I asked my son one year what he wanted for Christmas and he said he wanted the world to be rid of cancer.  He didn’t want any presents, he just wanted to end cancer in the world.  That would be nice.  Well I would like that too.  My thoughts are with you Aunt Dorothy through this terrible time.  Stay Strong Aunt Dorothy!


Now I hope I am not getting you down with all this talk of sickness, illnesses and death.  I just wanted to let you know just a little bit about what is going on in my personal life besides eating clean and training dirty.  I know that some of you are going through the same things in your life too, and that is why you should never get down on yourself, even if you are not progressing as fast as you want to be.  Never give up!  Progress is progress no matter how long it takes. 

Some times life has a way of slowing us down.  Challenges like this only make us stronger.  Even though it is hard, we must stay positive for ourselves and for those around us.  I know that may sound selfish, but we must take care of ourselves, so that we can be there for the ones that need us. 

Two years ago if I hadn't decided to make the change in my life, I truly believe that I would have suffered a heart attack myself.  With heart issues running in my family, there were other stresses in my life at that time that were taking its toll on me and I could feel a tightening in my chest.  I know I should have gone to the doctor, but instead I decided to take control of my life and change it for the better.  And as I look back now, I am so glad that I started when I did.  I have had 2 wonderful years getting fit and eating great food.  All while enjoying my family too and watching them grow and follow my lead.  It is very rewarding when your kids eat Kale chips and say, “can I have some more”, or “let’s do yoga mummy”. 




Okay now to the part that is, and has been bothering me most of all throughout the last 6 months or so…my Dad.  My father has not been well.  He has been in and out of the hospital a number of times throughout this time, and it’s troubling.  In the past he has had heart issues and has had surgery with much success.  As time has passed and as he ages, something has changed and his health has been a big issue this past year.  We celebrated his 84th birthday this past January and he did not look that great to be honest, and ended up in the hospital again. 


With all this going on, I came down with another cold around the same time all these people in my life had health issues themselves.  I had trouble sleeping the evenings before I became aware of what was going on.  I know this may sound odd, but that is the truth.  So I hope not to get any more colds for a very long time.  My Dad is fine and will be attending some programs in the near future to keep him active and get him out of the house.  He has many years to live to watch all of his children and his grandchildren grow, just like his father did.  My grandfather lived a great life to 95 years young.  Wonderful!!!! 

So with that said…Eat Clean, Train Dirty and Love your Family and Friends.

As I said in the end of my earlier post tonight, I feel better now that I have shared this with you.  I have been keeping it bottled up and it has resulted in what I think is a small case of depression.  By talking about things with others, it totally helps.  So if something is troubling you, tell somebody.  You are not alone.  If you are scared about telling someone that you are Obese, don’t be.  You have to admit the truth.  There is that saying, “The truth shall set you free”.  I totally believe that.  Once you see the truth, it will give you the drive and determination to move forward.  Set your goals and then demolish them.  Just like I set my goal of curling 20 lbs, well today…I did it!  I know that it was only 5 reps, but I DID IT!  And so can you!

Stay Strong!

And thanks for listening,

Trina

Please support your local Heart & Stroke Foundation, The Alzheimer Society and Cancer Research.

There are many ways you can help out.  Donations, volunteer work or find a run, walk or bike event in your area to help out.  Every little bit helps.  Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment