Wednesday, April 3, 2013

TapouT XT Day 3 of 90


Day 3 = Plyo XT

Which = LEGS, LEGS, and more LEGS = SQUATS, LUNGES AND more LUNGES.

So when I began this workout today, I started to rethink my Squat Challenge for April…

“It will be fine.  I am strong and I can do this”, I thought to myself.  And so can YOU!  So I will continue on with my squat challenge for this month no matter what Mike Karpenko throws at me.  The more I do, the stronger I get, the closer I will get to my goals. (my goals which I will be reviewing again this weekend)

Plyo XT begins with a 6 minute warm up, which is followed up by a brutal barrage of squats, lunges, hops, elbows, punches and more lunges.  The workout itself concludes with the KILLER MOVE followed by a 2 minute cool down which is much welcomed.  I did not have enough time to sneak in another round of the Ultimate Abs XT workout.  I hit the snooze button one too many times.  Oh well...it wasn't on my calendar, it was just something I wanted to try again AFTER a full workout while wearing my heart rate monitor.

Yes, this one is tough on the legs, and YES I did modify some of the moves.  All throughout the workout they tell you “not to give up” or “not to quit”.  I didn’t quit, I just modified.  The moves that I mostly modified were the Lunges with the Hops.  My legs were KILLING me.  But as Mike says, “Change doesn't happen in your comfort zone”.  I know that.  That is why I did most of the reps and then if I needed to, modified.  I kept moving with a modified version of the move, I never stopped.  With it being the first time going through it, I was also learning the moves too.  This is the start and by the end, I will have the moves down to a T, a TapouT XT T!  Progress is…improving what YOU can do each and everyday.  So keep pushing, keep doing your best and you will see results.  As you may or may not know, a goal of mine is to have some killer hamstrings.  To have that sexy curve on the back of my upper leg.  By doing this workout with the combination of my squat challenge, I will get the legs I want.  It won't come easy though, and I am ready.  With this workout combined with the 130 squats that I have done today, I know that I will be sore after I rest tonight.  I am already feeling it in my butt.  My abs are feeling like steel.  They don’t look it yet, but they feel like they are getting ripped.  I will post my "Before" picture and a Day 10 "Progress" picture when I get there. 

I have been eating fairly clean the past few days with lots of protein.  There has been the little bit of chocolate here and there.  But you all know that I am a chocoholic and always will be.  I only eat the good stuff, at least 70% cocoa.

Today’s food…
Breakfast: Chocolate Banana Protein Mug Cake



Snack: Strawberries



Lunch: Ground Turkey with Onion & Kale served with Egg Whites


I loved this so much the other day that I just had to have it again.  This time instead of the green peppers and tomato sauce, I used Red Kale with no sauce.

Snack: Banana Cream Cheese Chocolates
This was a little treat that I made up yesterday.  More like a trial recipe of mine that I wanted to try.

Dinner: Salmon with a Jazz Apple and Cucumbers



So…you see my day was fairly clean.  They say “Abs are made in the kitchen”, so make sure you eat as clean as you can if you want results.  Eat CLEAN, Train DIRTY.  I can easily eliminate the chocolate in the house…I do the grocery shopping, so I just won’t buy it and bring it into the house (for a limited time).  I do like experimenting in the kitchen with developing recipes for healthier treats and then sharing them with you.  So I eat the chocolate for YOU.  LOL

As I a sit here now, I can feel the effects of yesterday’s workout in my arms.  Only 3 days into this program and I love it.  Tomorrow will be a nice break (I think?!?!?), tomorrow’s TapouT XT workout is Yoga XT.  I will find out in the morning if it’s a soothing Yoga session or an eXtreme Power Yoga session.  I’ll be ready.

Until then…Stay Strong!

Good night

Trina

No comments:

Post a Comment