Saturday, March 3, 2012

Body Revolution Day 20 of 90

Day 20 = Cardio 1

26 minutes goes by SO quick...I'm done my workout for today. I was a bit sluggish again this morning. It was crazy windy outside(and still is), I didn't get a very good sleep. I just kept thinking the roof was going to get ripped off the house or something. Plus my daughter decided she needed to come into our bed last night. I love snuggling with her, but I just doesn't make for a very good sleep...

I know that all the parents out there with young children can relate to this...unless...you lock them in their bedroom at night, or you go to a hotel every night...but the reality of it all, is why we love them so much.  We will let our heads be their pillow for their head or feet.  One day that time will come where they stay in their room all night long and everyone gets a good night's sleep.  Until then, I can live with being a foot or head rest.
So I got up...the house was still all in one piece, so I went downstairs to kill Cardio 1 for another day.  Halfway through, I realized I only have 2 more days of Cardio 1, next Wednesday and Saturday.  Then I move into Phase 2...eeekkk! 
When I was doing the first set of "Fast Feet" today, I felt a little odd.  I told you I was a bit sluggish, but I felt like my legs didn't want to be doing them.  I couldn't seem to get my feet off the ground as much.  By round 2, I was shaking it.  Once you get there, you know that you only have to do them one more time...yay!!!  Those get my heart rate up more than the "Suicides" now. 
Speaking of "Suicides"...I noticed a post on MFP messages boards about the them.  This person didn't have enough room to do them properly, and was looking for an alternative move.  I would say you need about a good 10 feet to do these.  So move some furniture out of the way before you start.  If you don't have the room...I think you could do any cardio move that is going to keep your heart rate up there.  This one really turns up heat, so make sure you are doing more than just running on the spot.(unless you are running like crazy, then maybe that will work)  You COULD always do some more "Fast Feet"...I'm glad I have the space. LOL  And the tip that helps me get through the "Suicides", I mentioned it before...count down, instead of up.  I started at 23 and go down to 1...it helps me out a lot.
In Cardio 1, Jillian mentions, "There is no magic pill, no secret diet"...so true!  I will admit that I have tried weight loss products before.  Whether it be a pill, a shake, or a crazy diet...none of them worked.  It all comes down to YOU doing the work.  Exercising and making good food choices for yourself.  I know that there is a meal plan with this program, but it is not a "diet", but rather a healthy meal plan with great food.  You don't need to waste your money on pills and shakes to get results.  If you look at any of those products, they will ALL state that they work best with "combined with exercise and healthy eating".  I am no expert on these products, but if you eat right and exercise, why bother???  Spend that money on a reward for yourself for hitting some of your smaller goals.  I was in a store not long ago, and I saw this couple looking at these products(pills)...I felt like saying, "Don't waste your money, and chance it that you may bring harm to your body"...but I didn't.  I kept my mouth shut(I know that's hard to believe, but I did)  Everyone is entitled to make their own choices, and they did...they walked away with some product off the self.  But like I said, I was once in their shoes, but I have learned from my mistakes.  That money is now going to go to things for ME!!!! hehehe(I will talk about rewards tomorrow)

Let's talk food now...
I got a message from a friend of mine through Facebook this morning.  She's awesome!  She used to be a participant in my spinning classes years ago.  She was the singer in the class, it was great!  Anyway, after reading yesterday's blog about food choices and exercise.  She shared this information from her Boot Camp instructor, "Your result are based 80% on the food choices, and only 20% on the exercise.  The exercise tones and trims, but the food is what makes a difference".(I knew that...LOL) Thanks for sharing Alicia.
So see everyone, it's not just me saying, "EAT GOOD FOOD!!!"  Jillian actually mentions this in her Extreme Shed & Shred DVD, and I think I may have touched on it a bit in the beginning of the 90 days.  Reminders are always good to help keep us on track.

Breakfast:  I couldn't stay away from them...I made MORE Multi-grain Pancakes with Berry Maple Syrup.  They are so damn good.  I did change it up however.  Since I LOVE raspberries, and used them all up already, I had to use the blueberries I had in the fridge.  Well, I must say, "they were so DAMN good this morning!"



 I made a full recipe and packed them away for Days 29, 39, 49, 59 and 69.  All bagged and labelled, and now in the freezer.  Having breakfast meals ready like this will help with the, "I don't have enough time in the morning to make food".  Take the serving out of the freezer the night before so it can thaw out before morning, and there you go...breakfast in minutes.  With the heated syrup and berries...you don't need to heat it on the stove.  Throw some maple syrup and the berries in a microwave dish, and quickly heat it up that way.  Pour it over your heated pancakes, and enjoy!!!  That goes for the muffins too.  If you find that you are always pressed for time in the mornings.  Make up more muffins or these DAMN GOOD pancakes.  REMEMBER, breakfast is the most important meal of the day.  If you need a reminder of this, I will let my son call you, and tell you that same thing.  If a 6 year old know this, than why don't you???

Lunch: Grilled Halibut with Fresh Berry & Ginger Salsa served with Couscous with Carrots, Parsnips and Orange


Okay...so I lied...I DID have more raspberries in the house, I had some frozen ones.  This meal was full of flavour and delightful surprises.  Like the sweetness of those oh so good raspberries.  The red onion however, was quite hot.  My kids had leftovers from last night, and my husband felt like eating pizza(McCains Ultra Thin Roasted Mushroom and Garlic Pizza).  Side note: This particular pizza is one of my favorites, 1/4 of the pizza is only 160 calories.  That's pretty good for a pizza, I think!
So since they were all eating pretty good, I decided to make the above dish.  I made two servings of the Halibut and the Couscous with Carrots, Parsnips and Orange.  My lunch is ready for Monday.

Snack: I ate the last Chocolate Cinnamon Frozen Banana Pop.  It was eaten due to the stress that my children caused me today.  They were supposed to be cleaning and all they did was play and make more of a mess.   Argghhhhh...I lost it, and needed to get out of the room.  It was around snack time and I knew I had one more of those Chocolate Gems in the freezer.  I sat down and started to prepare my grocery list and enjoyed the Banana Pop in peace.

Dinner: Leftover Beef Stir-fry with Broccoli and Shiitake Mushrooms.  We had a little get together with my family, and I knew my sister was going to make pizzas, so I took my leftovers with us.  I also took some Baked Garlic Pita Chips and Hummus as an extra snack so I wouldn't eat other munchies, that I knew would be there.  I had a few baby carrots with a Roasted Red Pepper dip.  I still stayed within my calorie count.

It's late now and I should get to bed or not.  Tomorrow is Rest Day.  Yay!!!!

Until then...

Good night.

Trina

No comments:

Post a Comment