Sunday, March 4, 2012

Body Revolution Day 21 of 90

Day 21 = Rest Day

Today started off with breakfast: Steel Cut Oats with Apples & Nuts

I enjoyed this, and then...Rest day turned into going to the gym with my friend, as her guest. I walked on the treadmill for 60 minutes, followed by sitting in the sauna for about 30 minutes. Nothing too strenuous. I wasn't going to go at all, but I needed a break from my kids for a few hours.

Lunch: I made the Chicken Salad with Red Grapes & Toasted Pecans
I had some wraps in the fridge that I needed to start using, so I turned the sandwich into a wrap.


Snack: Trail Mix...chocolate...mmm

This snack doesn't look that satifying, but it is.  It helps fill you up with the almonds and the sunflower seeds, and the chocolate takes care of that sweet tooth.

We enjoyed the afternoon celebrating my Aunt's 85th Birthday.  So you know what that means...cake, goodies and other yummy treats.  I held strong.  While my kids spotted the cake, we didn't even make it past the table.  "Mummy, I want some cake".  It looked delicious, as did all the other treats on the table.  I had no desire to grab a piece for myself.  Instead, I opted for some fresh fruit.  I was set for the afternoon.  Thanks for a wonderful celebration.

Once I got home, we still needed to go grocery shopping...ughhhh.  By this time I was starting to feel sluggish and cold.  I just wanted to get home and snuggle up and relax.  I didn't feel like cooking much, but I didn't want to get fast food either.  So I purchased a roasted chicken from the store.

Dinner: Roasted Chicken Salad with Egg & an Orange
I woke up with a bit of a sore throat again, so I thought some Vitiman C would help out.


That was today's food. 
SO...yesterday I told you I was going to talk about REWARDS.

The other day I was thinking of Madonna. For those of you following my blog through MFP, and who are friends with me on there, you can see my ticker on my wall. Madonna's legs are my ticker. I want legs like her. That's right...I want to get rid of my jiggly thighs, and replace them with, AWESOME ROCK SOLID thighs. All the jiggly, wiggly parts must go.

I know I am not a world famous singer/dancer/actress/fashion guru/mum and all the other things that Madonna is. However...my kids love it when I do my Opera rendition of 'Animal Fair'...I can 'Vogue' with the best of them, I love to dance...acting...hmmm...I can do a really good impression of the Wicked Witch of the West from the Wizard of Oz, with full make up and costume too...

"I'll get you my pretty, and your little dog too!"

Fashion...I do design funky clothes and accessories for babies and toddlers...



A mum...hmmm...that I am. I have 2 lovely children that make me smile everyday. Now, I don't mean ALL day, everyday...they do drive me ABSOLUTELY C-R-A-Z-Y too sometimes.

But that's the spice of life when you are a parent. We take the good with the bad. And unfortunately for me, right now, my two little hooligans are just that...hooligans. I think I was telling you a couple weeks ago, on the Saturday I was trying to get them to clean up, well they did a bit, but then made more of a mess. Enough of that though, I could write a whole other blog just about them.

Let's get back to the Material Girl, that I am too...a Material girl, but not in the monetary way, but rather the fabric textile way. LoL Remember, I am a maker of children's wear. Oh yeah, where was i going with this???...getting rid of the jiggly wiggly parts and REWARDS...right. I can do it!

I WILL do it!

Anyway...Madonna...I am going to see her in September this year. I finally felt it was time that I see her live in concert. I deserve it. I have worked my butt off(well some of it anyway) to be able to justify this reward to myself. Yay me!!!

Don't reward yourself with food.  Reward yourself with things that are going to make you feel good about yourself.  Stuffing your face with a piece of cheesecake may be delicious and oh so yummy for a few minutes.  However, after it's gone, and the plate is clean, you will think to yourself, "ughhhh I'm stuffed".  Just think how much better you would feel if you bought yourself a new piece of clothing in a SMALLER size.  You will put it on and think, "DAMN, I look good!" And it return you are going to feel good as well.  NOT STUFFED!

As I mentioned the other day, if you are doing Jillian's 30 Day Shred, Ripped in 30, or any other workout, but you REALLY want to get Body Revolution, use it as your reward.  Get stronger, and treat yourself to this next program once you hit one of your goals.

Remember, the food you eat is your FUEL, not your REWARD.  Go to the spa, instead of the ice cream store. 

I will update my weight tomorrow and let you in on my progress.  I think I will wait to measure until the end of Phase 1, which is next weekend.  Yay!!!

I must rest now...

talk to you tomorrow.

Good night.

2 comments:

  1. Good for you on going to the gym even though it was your rest day! A nice sauna sounds soooooo relaxing! I used to go to the gym too to get a break from my kids...I'd drop them off in the daycare and then work out for 2 hours just to get a break!

    Your rewards sound great! I usually reward myself with a pedicure or a new outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that chicken salad wrap looks sooooo good! I'm really liking your daily food pictures. Keep 'em coming!

    ReplyDelete