Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Body Revolution Day 23 of 90

Day 23 = Workout 4

My balance was off this morning. I was feeling much better than yesterday though, except for my balance. I couldn't seem to do the One-legged dead lifts very well. So I just did regular dead lifts halfway through. I again used only 8 pound dumbbells for all weighted moves. I couldn't seem to get too far off the ground today with the Weighted Step Ups. I will make it all up on Friday when I do this workout again.

Since I didn't feel like eating much yesterday, I still tried to stick to my calorie intake as best I could. I did log in my MFP food diary that I had the Trail Mix, made from the Fat Burning Meal Plan cookbook.


Well, I only ate half of it. The other half...well...

...didn't quite make it.  Don't worry it's only melted chocolate. 
Thankfully it was in a bag and the bag was closed, as I wearing a cream coloured Lulu Lemon hoodie. 

Note to self and to others: if you are not feeling well, DO NOT shove a half bag of Trail Mix in your pocket, and then snuggle down under 2 duvets, 2 fleece blankets and a quilt...for 2 hours. Don't do it! It wasn't a total loss though, it set up over night and I ate it just now(I am not logging it in today, as I logged the whole bag in yesterday)

Today's food:
Breakfast: I was too hungry this morning to take a picture. I enjoyed this for breakfast...

Whole-Grain Toast with Soft Cheese Spread & RASPBERRIES

Lunch: I made the Chili-Lime Shrimp Skewers with Pineapple-mint Salsa...yum...I didn't feel like having the Barley and Roasted Cauliflower. So I served it with some leftover Roasted Garlic Beets.


Guess what I made more of today...???

Chocolate Cinnamon Frozen Banana Pops


I had cut the bananas the other day and froze them, but did nothing else with them until today. And...I didn't even eat one of them for snack.

Instead I enjoyed...
Baked Garlic Pita Chips with Hummus
I passed on the chocolate, and opted for the garlic.


Dinner: Grilled Lemon Chicken served with Creamy Cucumber Salad

By mixing up the entrees with different sides, it will help keep you from getting bored with the meals. I have found some other great meals from the Clean Eating Magazines. When I make some CE meals, I will note the meal with the issue that it was from.

I used Greek yogurt twice today, breakfast and dinner...I have a question for any of my blog readers from Greece...Do you call it Greek yogurt there, or is it just yogurt to you? LOL  Just curious.

I have had a couple questions from readers...
In regards to the Blueberry Banana Muffins...
Q: Is the batter supposed to be THICK? 
A: Yes it is.  Wait until you try making the Multi-grain Pancakes, that batter is really quite strange, but they are oh SO VERY good.

Q: Is what you are eating part of the Body Revolution menu?
A: Yes I am.  There have only been a few meals that haven't been on the menu.  As I have mentioned, I do mix things up a bit so it keeps things fresh.  I try and follow the guide in the front of the Fat Burning Meal Plan book in regards to NOT switching lunch meals with dinner meals or breakfast with lunch and so on.  Sometimes I will have my snack after dinner, OR half in the afternoon and the rest after dinner.

Well this concludes another day of my journey.  I am looking forward to tomorrow's Cardio 1 workout.  I am hoping that I sweat the rest of this chest cold out of my body.  I am going to go to bed now and get a good night's rest and feel much better in the morning.  Stay positive and you will succeed.

Until tomorrow...

Good night.



4 comments:

  1. Those meals look tasty! I did tilapia and rosemary tonight from the kickstart. It was delish. I need to be better about trying new meals like this though. Now I'm hungry all over again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Catherine,

      Thanks for reading my blog. The meals ARE really good. I love trying out new recipes. Sometimes it may take a couple times in making it to get it to perfection. But that's the fun of cooking.
      Have fun with it!
      Trina

      Delete
  2. Your addiction to those chocolate banana pops is contagious. I haven't even tried the recipe yet (I'm still in the no fruit phase of week 1), but I've already cleared some space in the freezer for those banana treats!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey BR Girl,

      That's too funny! Since making them, I have only eaten 3 of them. They are a VERY tasty treat, but I can control myself with them because I know that there are other tasty snacks too. Sometimes I feel like a savory snack over sweet. Let me know what you think of them once you do indulge in one of them. Remember to use a good chocolate, 75% cocoa or darker.

      Enjoy! Thanks for reading.

      Trina

      Delete