Thursday, March 8, 2012

Body Revolution Day 25 of 90

Day 25 = Workout 3

I definitely made up for Monday. I pulled out the "10's". I used 10lb dumbbells for a few of the weighted moves, such as, Backwards Lunges, Squat and Press, actually I think those were the only two. I used 8's for the rest. I did much better with my balance today while doing Tree Pose/Lateral Raise. I hit the UP button for the last set of the "Inchworms", I did them without placing my hands on the floor. I'm just glad that I got sick this week rather than next week. I wish I hadn't of gotten sick at all, but hey, it happens, and when you run a daycare, it's bound to happen. I have been pretty lucky though that I have been able to fight most things off that the kids get. I think with the weather changing, and many other people I know have been sick, I couldn't fight this one away. Oh well, I am on the mend now and I will be able to greet Phase 2 with fresh lungs and a clear head. I'm ready. Today was the last day for me of Workout 3. I hope we do Tree Pose again, I do like that one so much.

So after checking out things on Facebook today, I noticed that today is International Woman's Day. To all my female readers out there, Happy Day to you All!!!! We are strong and we should be proud of how far we have come in every aspect of our lives. I know I am. On May 27, 2011 I was OBESE. Now approximately 9 months, 10 days, 3 hours, 24 minutes...no I'm just kidding, I didn't count the hours and minutes. But just over 9 months have passed and I have entered into the "Healthy Weight" range on the B.M.I. Body Mass Index. I weighed in this morning and the scale read out 154.8.  YES!!!!!!!!  This is what i was talking about in yesterdays post..."Before and after my shower, I stepped on the scale. I'm AAALLLMMOOSSSTT THERE! More details to come. It has something to do with what has gone on for the last, almost 10 months. Maybe some of you can guess, maybe not. Maybe it will happen tomorrow, maybe not. I will keep you posted".  

The information below is taken from www.myfitnesspal.com

 Why Calculate Your BMI?

Your BMI (Body Mass Index) can help you find a healthy target weight range. BMI is a measure of body fat based on height and weight.
BMI has several limitations: it's not accurate for pregnant women, people under 5 feet tall, and people with very muscular builds. It also does not account for age.
Please remember that your BMI is just a guideline to help decide your target weight. Talk to a doctor or other health professional about any concerns you have regarding your weight, weight loss, or changes to your diet and exercise regimen.
So...I know that I am ONLY 0.1 under the 154.9...but still...I'm UNDER!!!
Since I let you in on BMI chart...let's look at your BMR...don't worry it's nothing dirty.

What is your BMR?

Your BMR (Basal Metabolic Rate) is an estimate of how many calories you'd burn if you were to do nothing but rest for 24 hours. It represents the minimum amount of energy needed to keep your body functioning, including breathing and keeping your heart beating.
Your BMR does not include the calories you burn from normal daily activities or exercise.
Our calculator uses the Mifflin-St. Jeor equations to estimate your BMR which is believed to be more accurate than the more commonly used Harris-Benedict equation.

The BMI and the BMR information is all from www.myfitnesspal.com so if you are a member you know about them.  If you're not a member, you should be.  Sign up today, it's FREE, and find out what your own BMI and BMR stats are.  They may just change your life.

Enough statistic for today.  On Sunday I talk about REWARDS...rewarding yourself with things other than food for reaching your goals.  Well today deserves a REWARD, I think.

I ordered myself a new top from Lululemon.
Run: Swiftly Tech Long Sleeve in Paris Pink

Do you like it?
Since I have to wait until next week before my order arrives...let's talk about FOOD.

Today's food...

Breakfast : Pumpkin Cranberry Muffin with a little bit of Coconut Oil spread onto it rather than butter or margarine.

Lunch: Green Bean Salad with Shrimp


This salad was delicious.  I was going to make this one day 2 weeks ago and then I thought about it again last week and I was unsure of it.  I am SO glad that I gave a TRY.  I really really enjoyed this one.  I made 2 servings so I can enjoy the other one maybe Saturday, unless I don't have time to make something different tomorrow.  The shrimp is very, very tasty.

Snack: Baked Garlic Pita Chips and Guacamole

Dinner: Beef & Barley Soup


When I started making this soup from the Fat Burning Meal Plan recipe book, I thought I had the Shiitake Mushrooms that are supposed to be in it...but they didn't look so hot.  The recipe in the book is called, "Barley Soup with Shiitake Mushrooms and Andouille".  I had already planned on using some beef instead of the Chicken Andouille sausage.  I still followed the recipe except for the mushrooms and sausages.  That is why mine is called Beef & Barley Soup.  I entered the recipe in the myfitnesspal recipes and it calculated my calories at 198 per serving.  This soup is jut what I needed today.  I have enough leftover to freeze or eat in the next few days.

All the meals and the snack today were made from the Fat Burning Meal Plan recipes, with exception to the changes in the soup.

Thank you to all MFP friends that gave me their congratulations and kind words today in regards to me for reaching this goal of mine.  I appreciate your support each and every day.  Thank you!  You guys ROCK!!!

I will talk to you all tomorrow.

Until then...stay strong!

Good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment