Monday, April 9, 2012

Body Revolution Day 57 of 90

Day 57 = Workout 9

First day of Phase 3, Workout 9.

"That's It?"

These were the words that came out of my mouth after the last Side Plank Crunch. Don't get me wrong it was tough, but I didn't find it as tough as Workout 7.  The warm up really got my heart rate UP there.  Next time I will use heavier weights for some of the moves. There is a limited use of weights in this one too. I only used my 4's and 5's as well as the resistance cable.  I would say the majority of this workout is done, using your own body weight for resistance. 

As she does in Workouts 1, 3, 5 and 7...we do Push Ups in Workout 9 as well.  This time it's Push Up Jacks.  You will have your body conditioned for these by the time you get to this workout.  There are modifications shown too. 

During Chair Pose, Jillian says, "That burn that you feel, that is FAT melting off of your legs". I like that burn. I am MORE than happy to feel that burn. I would put up with that burn "all day long" if it meant I would get rid of the STILL jiggly bits on my thighs. I'm hoping workouts 9 & 10 will incinerate the fat off of my lower body. Waist up...I'm good for now. It's below the waist ~ but above the knees I need some more fat gone. I know it will happen! I'm just trying to let you know where my problem areas are. Don't get me wrong though...I have lost many inches from that problem area as well as everywhere else and I am quite happy with that. It's just that, until I hit my final goal(it's not really my final goal, because I will set new ones after I reach my target weight goal of 130lbs), I will work hard to eliminate the jiggly parts on my legs.

No Fast Feet in this workout. Hooray!!!!

This workout is only 33 minutes long and time flies. I think that is why I said, "that's it?", it just goes by SO quickly. I LOVE IT!  See how I FEEL tomorrow. 

My favorite move in this one is, Side Plank Crunches. I've done these before, I think in Jillian's Extreme Shed & Shred.  I feel so strong and fit doing this move.  To balance on the sides of your feet and one hand in a side plank, and to be able to place the other hand by your ear, than twist to bring your elbows together, then back to starting position, is a very awesome feeling of power and strength...I think it is anyway.

Today's food...
Breakfast: Chocolate for BREAKFAST for ME today!
Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Muffin
While my children enjoyed their chocolate yesterday just after breakfast, I got to enjoy some today too.
I have said this before in regards to these muffins...I find them a touch on the dry side. But that is great to help you down the H2O. I drank 3 cups of water to this 1 muffin before 8am this morning.

Water water water!

Water is another KEY to weight loss/healthy living. I hear or see so many people make comments about how they can't drink water, they can't stand the taste of it. GET OVER IT AND DRINK IT! My children LOVE water. They have been drinking it since they were babies. I never really give them anything but water and milk(water still wins over the milk though). The odd time they will get some juice. I would rather they get their fruit from real fruits instead of in a juice. So if you have children, teach them to love water at a very young age. But it's never too late for the rest of you who "don't like/drink water".

Meet my water cup...
This tall black water cup holds 3 ~ 8oz cups ~ 24oz down before I refill it. 

Find yourself a cup, mug, bottle, whatever it may be...find something that you WILL drink the water from.  We used to buy cases of bottled water, but I never drank as much as I could/should have.  So now I drink water from the tap in my water cup.  When we are out, I will purchase or take with me a bottle of water or take my Klean Kanteen with me.  So fill up your water cup, and drink it up!

Lunch:  Turkey Pomegranate & Cheddar Burrito
It was so good yesterday, I thought I would have another today.  Plus, with the weekend being so crazy busy I didn't write out my menu for the week, which is something I have been doing from the start.  So I have planned the rest of the week out today.  My plans are NEVER set in stone either.  Some days I do change the plan on the spur of the moment.  Like if I have leftovers that need to be used up, I will use them.  Less waste = more money in my pocket = more money for REWARDS!

Snack: My Easter Treats ~ Next Organics Dark Chocolate Bananas
I know I have been going on about these for the past few days, but they are SO good.  I will be strong and NOT eat the whole bag.  If  I did that, those "jiggly bits" will NEVER go away.  Stay Strong!

Dinner: Cooked Turkey Breast served with Creamy Chive & Onion Sweet Potato Mash with Pecan Topping(I forgot to put the topping on it),  The Best Roasted Brussels Sprouts & Leeks


The Sweet Potato Mash was leftover from Easter Dinner last night, and the Sprouts, Leeks and Turkey were left over from last week.

Wow, not many food pictures today.  I promise I will work on some new meals this week.  I picked up my REWARD tonight at Chapters.  I  bought myself Tosca Reno's Eat Clean Cookbook...

I am making my first recipe out of this cookbook right now.  I am making the Oat Tea(pictured above).

This is my cup of Oat Tea.
I am not really a tea drinker, but this is nice.
The Oat Tea is for strengthening immunity and fighting cold symptoms.
(as stated in the cookbook)

Well 1 out 150 recipes, approved!

Now that I have had my tea...I am going to unwind and then go to bed.  Workout 10 in the morning.

Until then...

Stay Strong!

Good night

Trina

Ahhhh....I almost forgot to update you on my weight and measurements.

Starting Weight  164.8 lbs  Current: 149.4 lbs  Loss: 15.4 lbs

Measurements:
Starting                              Current                  Loss
Neck: 13.2"                            12.5"                    .7"
Shoulders: 44.5"                       41"                      3.5"
Bust: 38.5"                               36"                      2.5"
Waist: 32"                                30"                       2"
Hips: 42.5"                               39"                      3.5"
Left Arm: 11.5"                       10.5"                     1"
Right Arm: 11.5"                     10.5"                     1"
Left Thigh: 25"                         22.5"                    2.5"
Right Thigh: 25"                       22.5"                    2.5"
Left Calf: 15"                           14"                       1"
Right Calf: 15"                         14"                       1"

Total overall inches lost: 21.2

Whew!!!!  Good night!
T

3 comments:

  1. You will see fast feet again in Cardio 3....which by the way is THE HARDEST Jillian workout I have ever done! And I have ALL of her videos! It's insane and totally awesome! :) Oh, and I like Workout 10 more than Workout 9...but I've found I like all of the even numbered workouts better than the odd ones. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It still amazes me at how similar we are in size! Gives me hope that I will eventualy shrink on this plan! While my weight is not coming off as fast as I hoped (currently finishing week #4) I did do measurements today and have about a 3 inch loss! So I will keep plugging away! Thanks for the inspiration! You have done an awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you are kicking butt!!!! Look at all those inches lost!!!! You are amazing....GREAT job!!!!

    ReplyDelete