Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Day 16 of Round 2 Body Revolution

Day 16 = Workout 4

Workout 4, I had forgotten what moves were in it.  As I was doing the Lunges and the One-Legged Dead Lifts, I thought to myself..."Oh boy I am going to be in pain tomorrow".  Pain, because I remembered that I was going to be doing the Glorious Glutes workout as well today.  In that, there are plenty of One-Legged Dead Lifts.  I have been going heavier with my weights through this second round, and my body is feeling it and liking it.  I have a saying in the Daycare...We don't cry, We TRY!  I mentioned this to you before and it works not just for doing your zippers up, or putting your shoes on, but also for working out, lifting weights, cooking right and eating right.  We don't cry about waking up an extra hour earlier to get that workout in before work, WE TRY, and we don't cry about curling a 15 lb dumbbell, we TRY(only if you are at that stage), we don't cry about cutting out sugars from your eating plan, WE TRY.  If you don't TRY you will never know what you are capable of.  And YOU are capable of great things...if you TRY.



Yesterday I told you I had some leftover pure pumpkin that I was going to use for pancakes today...and I DID!  It's ALL about the pumpkin today...well this morning at least.

Today's food...
Breakfast: Pumpkin Protein Bar/Pumpkin Smoothie/Pumpkin Pancakes
I better watch out, at midnight tonight I may just turn into a pumpkin.  It's all about the pumpkin today.  The pumpkin protein bar was actually eaten way before I had my other breakfast foods.  I was feeling a bit blah after I completed Workout 4, so I grabbed for one of my Pumpkin Protein Bars between workouts.  It did the Trick! Or was it a Treat?  It doesn't matter whether it was a Trick or a Treat, it was delicious.

Moving onto breakfast time, when most normal people are eating their breakfast...Pumpkin Smoothie and Pumpkin Pancakes...Yum!  I mixed up the pancakes and had enough pumpkin left to make the smoothie.  I found this recipe through facebook this morning and thought I would give it a try.  But you know me, I had to change it up a bit.  Don't stress about not having the exact ingredients, if you have something comparable in your cupboards, use it.  Just make sure you write down your recipe so that you will be able to make it again and again if it is SPECTACULAR.  If it sucks...follow the recipe given.  If you still don't like it, don't ever make it again.

Phat's Pumpkin Smoothie
1 Serving

1 Banana frozen
1 cup vanilla almond milk
1/4 cup pure pumpkin
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp ground ginger
1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1 tbsp honey
3 ice cubes

Combine ingredients in a blender until creamy.





Here is how my smoothie looked...

...and it tasted GREAT!
Now if you can't stand pumpkin, this morning's breakfast is not for you...sorry.

 So the pancakes were mixed up, cooked, stacked and waited to go in the freezer...

Before they all took a trip and set up lodging in the freezer, I took a serving and ate them with honey drizzled over the top.  I'm not sure if honey was the perfect choice of topping for these but they still tasted delicious.  I'm sure whipped cream would taste divine on them, but that would up the fat content.  I have made the coconut whipped cream before and it may taste okay with them...next time. 
I am still working on the recipe and I want to see if I can add some protein powder to the mix for some added protein. I will post it once I have tweaked it.

Lunch: Roasted Garlic and Butternut Squash Soup with Salmon

It's not pumpkin, but it's along the lines.  This soup is so nice to have anytime of year.  Today is a cold and rainy day, so the soup was a warming treat.  The salmon I had cooked up yesterday.  I had bought to pieces at the store and just cooked them both at the same time.




Snack:  Sweet Potato Crisps with Salsa







Dinner:  Steak with Onion Bhaji's and a Side Salad with Onions and Salsa

The Onion Bhaji's were great warmed up in the oven tonight.  There are still a few left over for tomorrow night's dinner...yummy!  A reader of mine read about my concerns of the Onion Bhaji's being fried, and she, Yummy Mummy sent me a link for Baked Onion Bhaji's http://jeenaskitchen.blogspot.in/2008/11/baked-onion-bhaji-recipe.html   I will be trying that out next time. Thanks again Yummy Mummy.

I am starting to feel this morning's workout in my hamstrings.  All those Dead Lifts I did are doing their job.  I am going to rest my hamstrings along with the rest of my body.  Plus, I am watching the movie Failure to Launch.  It's a bit distracting with Matthew McConaughey in it.  So I am going to sit back and relax and watch the rest of the movie...well unless I fall asleep before the end.  I will talk to you again tomorrow.

Until then...Stay Strong!

Good night

Trina

1 comment:

  1. That smoothie looks awesome!! Pumpkin is my all time favorite and to find some healthy recipes for it is going to make my winter. Thanks!!!!

    ReplyDelete