Friday, October 19, 2012

Day 47 of Round 2 Body Revolution

Day 47 = Workout 8

The warm up in this workout...I don't find that difficult, I guess Jillian is giving us a break at the half way point.  And...I am okay with that, this week.  Next week however, is a different story.  I plan to get back to my "extra" workouts that I was doing before I got this cold.  I am looking forward to it.  My "extra" workouts being Jillian's "Killer Abs"...I have missed it, and getting back to the "Glorious Glutes" workout, my butt has missed that one.  This weekend I am going to dive back into Jillian's Fat Burning Meal Plan and start planning again.  As I mentioned in the last few weeks I have NOT been planning and that has caused a bit of a set back.  But it also shows YOU, that planning is very important to become A Healthier Version of Me and You.  My energy levels have been lower and I have felt sluggish throughout these last few weeks.  If you too have been suffering with this nasty beast of a cold, I feel for you and I know what you are or have been going through...Stay Strong...it will soon get better.  Keep your workouts up and eat as best you can.  I always find that sweating it out while being sick does help, but when energy levels are low, it makes it tough to do anything, and tough to stay motivated too.  But THAT you...WE...MUST do!

We must stay motivated, to stay on the right path, the path that we have all chosen for our new lives.  We have learned how to eat right and how to get strong, lets keep that going even through the tough times.  We all will encounter things in life that are difficult, and I don't mean Wheel Push Ups.  I'm talking about things like the death of a loved one, job security, illness, finances, children that don't listen, all of these things cause STRESS.  STRESS...not a good thing...BUT...

 You WILL overcome it, and you will be that much stronger.  

I know that first hand.  I have overcome some stressful situations in the past, and for that I am stronger.  I am again being tested with difficult "LIFE" things right now...not fun.  But I know I will get through it, just as I did in the past and I will be even stronger.  If we don't get challenge in life, we don't change.  Stay positive and that change will be for the best.  You will learn how strong you really are and how strong you can be when times get rough.  Sorry about getting so serious here, but it has been a bit of a stressful day.  I just wanted to let you all know that I too can have troubling times, but I stay as strong as possible and if I get off track, I don't stray too far.  And neither should you.  Stay Strong!

Okay enough of the serious chit chat.  Back to the fun stuff...

In addition to Workout 8 this morning, I added a quick Biceps & Butt Workout.  I did a mix of Dead Lifts and Hammer Curls/Bicep Curls.  I started with a set of 20 reps of Weighted Dead Lifts, holding a  15 lb dumbbell in each hand.  Without rest, I did a set of 10 reps of Hammer Curls with the 15 lb dumbbells.  Rested about 30 seconds, enough time to blow my nose(yes this cold is still with me, but hopefully this is the tail end of it.  I know of others too that have had it for even longer than me).  After the rest I did another set of 20 Dead Lifts, followed by a set of 10 Bicep Curls.  Rest.  Last set of Dead Lifts followed by a combination set of Hammer and Bicep Curls.  Total time 7 minutes.  Time to hit the shower.

Today's food...
Breakfast: Egg Whites and Baked Garlic Pita Chips with Guacamole

 
I ate the egg whites first and then a little later, I had the chips and guacamole.  I was still hungry and the guacamole needed to be eaten up, so I had it for an after breakfast snack.

Lunch: Spinach Salad with Sirloin Beef Meatballs

                                         

Snack: Raisins

These are not just any raisins.  These raisins may be THE most expensive raisins I have ever had.


I made them.

After I got my Food Dehydrator, I had some grapes that needed to be used up, so I decided to throw them in, to dry out.  They took awhile, but they were worth it.  No extras added onto them.  Just dried out raisins.  I told my family about them at Thanksgiving and they laughed at me.  They laughed, because it probably cost a fortune in hydro to make these raisins.  We all had a good laugh over this, but I was the one with the last laugh because I was the one who got to enjoy them.
My husband joked just yesterday about me and my food dehydrator, about all the different things I have been trying in it.  I'm having fun with it.


Dinner:  Roast Beef with Mushrooms, Sweet Potato and Broccoli

I put this roast in this morning and it was ready by dinner time tonight.  Best dinners ever...a few minutes in the morning and hands free at dinner time.

Snack: Crust Less Pumpkin Pie
NO I didn't eat the whole pie.  Just one piece.

                     
Who eats the crust anyway?  We all know that the pumpkin part is the BEST!  Am I right?!?!?

I hope that you enjoy the new look and features on my blog.  I have been working hard to make it the best it can be.  It's A Healthier Version of My Blog!  Check it out, explore all the new things that come your way.  Over the weekend I will try to add more recipes into "Cook With Me" from previous posts.  That way they will be all at your finger tips in one spot.  And please feel free to contact me if you have any questions or concerns about them.

Have a great weekend and remember to stick to your workouts and eat right.  If you are with me with Body Revolution, we only have one more workout to finish this week and then we get our Rest Day.  So get some sleep, and lets some Kick A$$ in tomorrow's Cardio 2.

Until then...Stay Strong!

Good night

Trina



No comments:

Post a Comment