Friday, November 16, 2012

Day 75 of Round 2 Body Revolution

Day 75 = Workout 12

I DID IT!  I was up and conquered Workout 12.  Despite the snuggles from my daughter who was in the bed yet again, I got up and completed my workout this morning.  Did I have second thoughts about staying in bed???...YES I did.  But I threw those thoughts out the window and worked out.  I hope you did too.



I DID IT! I registered for the Santa Pur-suit.  I signed up for the 5K run.  It should be a fun run.  This will be MY first actual 5K run.  I am not going out there for any record times, just good times.  I will post pictures of the 1st Ever Santa Pur-suit and my first ever 5K race.






If you would like to sponsor me, please follow this link...http://raceroster.com/pledge/?e=279&u=4289
If it does not work for you let me know and I will check it out.
The page will look something like this image...
<<<<<<<<<
Thank you.


So with this exciting event coming up really soon, I must focus on getting ready for it.  One thing I will NOT be doing, is getting a big jolly belly to fill the Santa Suit that I must wear on that day.  I want just the opposite...a flat belly but full of jolly laughter.  It should be quite a fun day.  The rest of my family are going to come a cheer me on rather than participate in this one.  My kids change their minds so much that I don't want to pay to register them and then have them decided they don't want to do it at the last minute.  They heard me talking of the Dirty Dash coming up next year, and they both got excited for that.  When they found out that they could get muddy, they were all over that one, or at least they will be.  And that's fine by me.  I am looking forward to the upcoming year.


I have told you in the past that I am not a professional in the fitness industry(yet, maybe someday).  I am a wife and mother of two children, and I run a home daycare (full time) and run my Maus Wear business(part time).  With all that goes on in my life, I make sure I fit in my workouts at least 6 days a week.  If I miss one, I don't beat myself up over it, I just push it a little harder next time.  I like to eat clean, and try to most of the time.
I started writing this blog back in February of this year when I started the Jillian Michaels Body Revolution program, and have been writing ever since.  Some posts have been longer than others, some have been more interesting than others too.  Each day that I have written(which has been almost everyday, I may have missed a few while on holidays), I try to bring you something positive that you can use in your own life.  Whether it be a yummy and healthy recipe, or a training tip, or how goofy or naughty my children can be, and make you feel like you are not the only one in the world whose children DO NOT LISTEN.  You are not...trust me.  Even though it feels like there are days where you have the most naughty child in the world...you DON'T...I can assure you that MY children are up to no good too. LOL
When kids act up, it can cause parents to be totally stressed out.  Keep Calm and Stay Strong!  Instead of reaching for food to beat the stress, reach for a book to read or better yet(if you can)workout.  Even if it's a few squats in the bathroom, balance work, holding your abs tight for 10 seconds, release and repeat a few times.  Exercise can happen anywhere, anytime.  When I was pregnant with my son 7 years ago, I used to go into the bathroom at work, into the stall, and do about 10-12 squats after going pee.  So with being pregnant and needed to pee a lot, I managed to get in quite a few squats in a day at work.  The best thing was I was getting paid for it at the same time...LOL.  So next time you head to the bathroom at work or at school or where ever you are, do a quick set of squats.  And don't worry if the person next to you wonders, "What the HELL is that person doing in there?!?!?!"  You are taking care of yourself and taking an extra step in becoming A Healthier Version of YOU.  They might have read this blog post too, and they are doing the same thing.
Always make the time for yourself, you deserve it and you need it.  Don't let life run you down and rob you from your happiness.  Get your workouts done and eat right.  Oh yeah...make an appointment to hit the spa once and awhile.

Today's food...
Breakfast: Cinnamon Maple Greek Yogurt
This is one of my own creations...
It's more than just cinnamon, maple and yogurt.

CINNAMON MAPLE GREEK YOGURT
Makes 1 serving
INGREDIENTS
1 cup plain non-fat Greek Yogurt
1/2 tbsp cinnamon, divided
1 tbsp raisins, divided
1/2 tbsp chia seeds, divided
1/2 tbsp maple flakes, divided
1 tbsp slivered almonds, divided

ONE: Place Greek yogurt in a bowl and add in half of all of the ingredients from the list, mix well.

TWO: Sprinkle the remaining half of all the ingredients on top.  Enjoy!

Snack: Blackberries

Lunch: Banana Pancakes

Snack: Baked Garlic Pita Chips

Dinner: Sweet Onion Chicken Teriyaki Sub
Friday night...Sub night.  Tonight I chose a 6" sub over the salad.  It may not have been the right choice, but it was a good choice.
                    
Lots of veggies on it.
Yummy!


Tomorrow I will probably be going out for a run for my cardio.  I have to get ready for my first 5K run.  It's funny, I started with the C25K training program on my phone on December 1 of 2011, and now I am running my first 5K race on that same date one year later.  I know that it is a 9 week program but I have yet to complete it.  Maybe I will complete mine on race day on the date I started a year ago.  Please don't think I was slacking on this program, I wasn't.  The reason I work out at home in the mornings, is because I can do it while my children are still in their beds, and no family time is lost.  That time in the mornings is MY time.   On weekends I try to get out running (if the weather is nice)before my family gets moving, so that family time is not really lost there either.  I know that the whole "nice weather running thing" will have to change if I want to condition myself for races running anytime of the year.  I will see how my first race goes in a couple weeks time.

I hope you enjoy the weekend and stay focused.  Tomorrow will be my Cardio...What are you going to be doing????

Until then...Stay Strong!

Good night

Trina

No comments:

Post a Comment