Thursday, January 24, 2013

Cardio Day = Body Revolution Cardio 1 + Burlesque Quick Fit Workout


I went to bed too late last night.  It was all the egg baking and blog writing that was going on.  I'm tired so let's get to this...

Let’s start with what I left off with last night.  The EGGS!

As I was writing, I could hear some popping and crackling going on from the oven.  Just after I published yesterday’s post, the eggs were done. 

So let’s recap…
I placed a dozen eggs in a muffin tin, and baked them for 30 minutes at 350F.


I think I could have taken them out after about 25 or 27 minutes.  As I said, I heard some popping and crackling sounds coming out from the oven and when I took them 2 out the 12 eggs had busted open a bit. 


Most of them had some dark spots on them, but they seemed to be okay.  I placed the muffin tin in the kitchen sink and turned the cold water on them to stop the cooking process and to cool them down.  


I then drained them and placed them back in the egg carton and put them in the fridge for my breakfast for today.

So here we go…

Today’s food…
Breakfast: Rolled Oats with Egg Whites, Peanut Butter and Banana
I used 2 of the hard boiled eggs and 2 of the oven cooked eggs for the egg white.
They tasted the same.  
The only difference was the cooked eggs were slightly darker with a few spots on them (key words…slightly and few).

I don’t mind boiling the eggs on the stove top, but I can see if I am doing lots of food prep and all the burners are in use, this is definitely an option for getting my eggs cooked.  A mention of Thanks to @Little_Miss_Jen on Instagram, for sharing your picture and information of this egg cooking method.

Snack: Chocolate Breeze Protein Shake
I used chocolate unsweetened Almond milk today instead of skim milk

Lunch: Greek Salad with Shrimp

Another change up…Shrimp instead of grilled chicken.  I went on a hunt last night for boneless skinless chicken on sale.  All the stores that had it on sale this week were sold out.  So changes have been necessary this week.  I had cooked up some shrimp the other week and froze it, so today was a perfect day to thaw it out.

Snack: Cottage Cheese with Celery and Carrots


Dinner: Baked Cod with Sweet Potato and Kale Quinoa


This dinner was simple to make tonight because I still had leftovers from last week that I could use tonight, and better yet there is still some for tomorrow’s lunch.  Plus...the piece of Cod that I bought, was enough for two meals, so tomorrow’s lunch is already prepared.



My cardio workout this morning was great!  I love Cardio 1 from Body Revolution.  It goes by so quickly…only 26 minutes long.  I followed that up with the sexy burlesque moves of the Burlesque Quick Fit Workout.  I am really getting the hang of these moves.  Last Saturday I did the Quick Fit and the Sexy Sculpt Workouts.  The Quick Fit is just a shorter version of the Sexy Sculpt.  There is more strength training in the longer workout.  I choose to do the shorter workout because my legs need a rest on my off days.

Tomorrow is NOT an OFF day.  Tomorrow is Workout Day 11 of “Build Your Best Body”.  A little change up that I was thinking of doing during my workout.  The rest time between sets to I usually like to stretch out.  I think I may try a little extra cardio to boost my heart rate up to help burn more fat.  Or I may alternate it between sets, just so I get some stretching in as well.  I will try this out tomorrow and see how I feel, and I will be sure to let you know.

Until then…Stay Strong!

Good night

Trina

No comments:

Post a Comment