Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Workout Day 10 of "Build Your Best Body"


Workout Day 10 of “Build Your Best Body”

When I woke up this morning, it felt like the muscles were going to POP right out of my upper back.  I thought, “WOW! What the hell happened?   I didn’t even do all my Push Ups yesterday.”  It could be because I finished off my workout with 1 set of the Push Ups sequence, after holding some pretty good Planks. 

As I walked down the stairs to my workout area, I thought… “I hope I can do my Push Ups today”. 


Of course I CAN, and of course I WILL!  And I DID!  I busted out 17 Decline Push Ups in my first set.  The second set…10.  The third set 7.  Those are all my highest reps to date for the three sets.  These I can do because they are first in the sequence.  It’s the Standard Push Ups that give me trouble, they follow the Declines, and they are just brutal some days…okay…most days.  I am getting stronger because those numbers are on the rise too.  It just seems frustrating when I finish 17 Decline Push Ups, and only pump out 10 of the Standard ones.  However, there were days in the beginning I could only get 4-6 done.  BUT…it’s PROGRESS!  And that is what counts!

So if YOU too have been doing this workout, or any other workout that involves Push Ups, no matter what variation of the exercise…it’s how you progress that is important.  Even if you can only do 1 on your first day…THAT 1 is better than NONE…Progress.  Even if you can only do 1 for a few days, that’s great.  Again, it’s better than doing none of them for a few days.  Celebrate that first Push Up, and you will never forget where you started from.  It’s like my first round of Decline Push Ups was something to celebrate.  I had never done them before and I was very happy that I tried something new. 

It’s the same with the Planks.  TRY!  Even if you only hold in Plank for 5, 10, or 20 seconds…that’s okay.  You will progress as times goes on.  As some of you may know, last year my longest Plank hold was 7 minutes.  I was and still am pretty proud of that.  Over the summer and fall I didn’t really do many Planks with exception to the ones in the workouts that I was doing at the time.  Now…I am back to doing Planks again.  Well at least until the end of next week.  Instead of just one Plank each workout, I am doing 4 of them as you probably already know if you are following along with me.  Today’s Planks ROCKED!!!  I have the yoga mat burns on my elbows to prove it (You will have to trust me on this one…I tried to take a picture, but it didn’t turn out).

Here are my third and fourth Plank times for today…


Moving on…

Today’s food…
Breakfast: Egg Quinoa Parfait
You know how much I love this breakfast…
Need I say more?

Snack: Greek Yogurt with Strawberries and Walnut
Today I decided to mix the Greek yogurt with some of the strawberries and a few of the walnuts in my Magic Bullet, and then I used the remaining strawberries and walnuts for the topping.  Since I am back to week one’s food, I need to change it up a bit to give you some different ideas too.  
Same ingredients, different presentation equals the same goodness. 

Lunch: Chicken Avocado Wrap
This was supposed to be Monday’s lunch, but again I am mixing things up.  


I didn’t have any broccoli in the house (thought I had some), so I decided since I didn’t have the wrap on Monday, I would have it today.

Snack: Chocolate PB Protein Shake



I had a craving for some Peanut Butter, so I threw a spoonful in with the protein powder and skim milk.











Dinner: Frittata and Toast
Okay here was yet another change up, just a slight one.  Since I didn’t have any broccoli, and the frittata in the meal plan calls for it.  I decided to use up the asparagus that I had in the fridge.  
Very nice! 
I think I like it better with the asparagus.  Now watch I will need the asparagus later in the week and I won’t have any.  Oh well…change is good…RIGHT?

Snack: Apple
My sister was telling me about some apples that she bought called Jazz.  Well I was out tonight and I found some in Walmart.  They are SO good.  Yes it was an extra snack, but I just had to try one.  SO GOOD!  They are very, very crisp and very, very sweet. Try one for yourself…

Peel the sticker off, wash and enjoy!

Well it’s late and I have cardio in the morning.  I think I may just give Jillian a visit, along with some more burlesque dancing.  First I will get sweaty and then I will get sexy.  Wait a minute...isn't it supposed to be the other way around...yeah I think so.  LOL

Before I go I must tell you about my prep for breakfast for tomorrow...

I cooked up some eggs tonight in a pot on the stove as I normally do for hard boiled eggs.
  

However, the other day on Instagram, I noticed someone was doing their eggs in a muffin tin in the oven.  WHAT?!?!?!  I have never heard of that.  SO...I tried it...

I will let you know how they taste tomorrow.

Until then…Stay Strong!

Good night

Trina

No comments:

Post a Comment