Monday, January 21, 2013

Workout Day 8 of “Build Your Best Body” from Oxygen Magazine January 2013 Issue


On this cold winter’s morning I was up as soon as my alarm rang out this morning.  It’s game time!  I wanted to fit in some cardio this morning after my BYBB workout, but I couldn't do it.  My Wall Squat times had increased across the board, and more Squats, Lunges, Push Ups and Crunches had come out of my body this morning.  My Plank times were all over the one minute mark again…so no time for cardio this morning. 

My lowest time for Wall Squats was 44.2 sec (Day 2).  My highest time is 1:13.3 (Today Day 8).

My first set of my first day of the first week, I knocked out 7 Decline Push Ups.  Today, I ROCKED 16 of them.  Oh yeah!!!!

Plank times…Lowest was 46.8 sec (Day 5).  My highest is 1:17.1 Day 7).

I did get in some cardio today after all, Burlesque by Jazzercise Burlesque Quick Fit Workout.  It’s only 20 minutes long and I was able to get it done during the daycare nap time this afternoon.  Yay Me! LOL  
This was the second time I did this workout and I think I was a Burlesque dancer in another life…or…maybe will be one in the next life.  This workout is sexy, fun and easy to follow.  Each time I do this one, I know that I will be adding a little more attitude to it.

It’s the same with the Zumba workout; I have been adding more attitude every time I do one of the workouts. 

Today was the start of the third week of the “4 Weeks to a Leaner You” meal plan.  So it’s back to the start with week one’s meals again.  I will be mixing things up a bit, just a bit.  With this meal plan, I have had to take  measures to protect my papers...
I know that you can download the meal plan, and I have, but I like having a hard copy on my kitchen counter to help keep me focused and on track with my clean eating and healthy lifestyle.  So with that being said, I decided to laminate the pages from January's issue of Oxygen Magazine.  As you can see from the picture above, I have already splattered stuff on the pages in the previous weeks.
They are saved now.


Today’s food…
Breakfast: Protein Pancakes
Another day of protein pancakes.  Another great start to my day and week.

Snack: Cottage Cheese with Grapefruit & Slivered Almonds

Lunch: Turkey Sandwich
This lunch here was a change up...

When I went to the store the other day, they were sold out of boneless skinless chicken breasts, so I changed meals today.

Snack: Hard Boiled Egg & Egg Whites with an Apple

Dinner: Salmon with Spinach and Roasted Sweet Potato Oven Fries
I changed up the Tilapia with Salmon, only because I didn’t want my salmon filet to go off.  

Plus, salmon is my favourite!!!!  
LOVE IT!

Snack: Sweet Potato Bites with Agave Syrup
I added this little snack in just to finish off my day.

Hope you all had a Happy Blue Monday!  I heard on the radio that today was to be the most depressing day of the year.  Not for me.  I had a great day!!!  As I said at the start of this post, I was up as soon as my alarm went off.  My hibernation period may be coming to an end.  Funny really…today was a super cold day too.  I guess I am a sucker for the cold.  Not to run in it though.  My friend Erika T went out and braved the cold to resume her run training.  Way to go Erika!!!  Maybe some day I will be able to brave the cold like you.  I actually don’t mind the cold; it’s more the blowing snow or rain.  I think if I can get out this spring, summer and fall, I should be on for next winter.  It’s funny though; my first 2 official 5K runs have taken place December 1st and January 1st.   I need to spend some more time looking into some more 5K races.  I contacted Color Me Rad 5K again, because they still don’t have an Ontario location on their calendar for this year.  They emailed me back and said that they will.  I will be waiting.  I will definitely let you know as well.

Well I am going to finish this off like I always do.  I will be onto Workout Day 9 tomorrow.

Until then…Stay Strong!

Good night

Trina



No comments:

Post a Comment