Monday, April 1, 2013

TapouT XT Day 1 of 90


Day 1 = Cross Core Combat XT

Just what I needed!

My Suunto Heart Rate Monitor was telling me to take a Rest Day, but I didn't listen to it.  Rest time will come later.  The TapouT XT program has made it down to my workout area.


The last month of the Build Your Best Body didn’t really have A LOT of targeted core moves.  There was just the Weighted Crunch at the end of the Month 3 workout.  Don’t get me wrong though, some of the other moves worked your core, BUT not like today’s TapouT XT workout did.

As I mentioned in last night’s post, the workout is 45 minutes 28 seconds in length.  It’s tough, but doable for those of you that have already done Body Revolution and other intense training workouts.  There are lots and lots of Plank moves…I love it!  Of course the plank moves are all done in different variations of the move, which is great so you don’t get bored of it and it helps to target different areas of your core.

The workout starts with a 4:42 minute warm up, beginning with Jumping Jacks.  Geez Mike Karpenko, Pro trainer and MMA conditioning coach, and Jillian Michaels have a lot in common with the Jumping Jacks and Planks.  But you know what???  Both of these moves make for a great and sweat filled workout.  So I say, “Thank you to you both, Mike and Jillian, for giving us such fantastic workouts.”

After the Jacks, it is followed up by High Knees and Butt Kicks and then some other moves to help open up your hips.  This warm up felt great this morning after a good night’s rest and after completing my Squat Challenge yesterday as well as wrapping up the BYBB workout program.  That is one thing I didn’t do much of this last month…stretching…so it will be nice to have it mixed into the workout times for the next 90…oops…89 days.  Day 1 is already down. 

“How do I feel after Day 1?” you ask.  I feel great.  I felt a bit uncoordinated this morning when doing the Cross Core Combat XT workout for the first time.  Even though I have been working out for some time now, I still feel awkward when doing a new workout.  Take for instance the move called, The Hellcat…I missed a few reps while trying to figure out if I was doing the move correctly.  I will ace it next time I tap this workout.  
At the end of this workout this morning, there was a move called the Grinder.  I could not keep up with their counts.  The move itself consisted of Wide Push Ups to Squat Thrusts to Triceps (Narrow) Push Ups to Narrow Squat Thrusts.  With a countdown count from 10.  Confused????  I was at first and then I figured out what I was supposed to be doing.  First the countdown...Do each move for 10 reps and count your way down to zero.  Example: 10 Wide Push Ups to 10 Wide Hand Squat Thrusts to 10 Narrow or Triceps Push Ups to 10 Narrow Hand Squat Thrusts...then repeat for counts of 9, then 8, then 7, then 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1...do you get it now???  At least I think that is what they were trying to get me to do.  Maybe if Mike Karpenko reads this post, he could let me know if that is correct. (I know I could watch the DVD again right now, but I need to get to bed soon)  I could not keep up with their counts, and I looked up and I knew why.  I watched some of them, on how they did their push ups.  I was going right down to the floor, where some, were only moving an inch or so from their top position.  I will have to review that move the night before I do it again.  It's a TOUGH one, but do the best you can.  I know I did!  It's all about the progress.

My body is feeling good…right now, but I think I will be feeling the effects of this workout in the morning after a night’s rest.  During the workout, Coach Mike mentions about getting enough rest.  Rest is just as important as the workout itself.  And rest is what you need when you are not feeling well.  I am still struggling with a stubborn cough, sneezing and blowing of my nose.  I want it to end, and this weather that we are having is not helping it what SO EVER! 

With today being April Fool’s Day, the weather certainly was playing tricks on us here in Waterloo, ON.  These two pictures were taken about 5-10 minutes apart…

What a difference in the weather, eh?  

It has been like that all day today.  My husband said he heard that we are supposed to get about 10cm overnight…NO!!!!!!!  I want the sun now and some warmth along with it.
I took the daycare kids to the park this afternoon and froze by butt off.  It was nice to get out of the house though we a house full of kids that were all hyped up on a full weekend of Easter chocolate.  They were CRAZY!!!!!!

Looking at the forecast for the week, temperatures are to rise and the sun is to make an appearance too. YAY!!!!!!!

I wasn’t sure, and I’m still not sure if I could handle another Squat Challenge for this month, to do along with the TapouT XT program…BUT…I’m going to try.  It will begin tomorrow with Day 1.  Since I have missed the first day of the month (today), I am going to turn it up a notch.  This is what it will look like…

April 2nd Day 1 – 120               April 3rd Day 2 – 130               April 4th Day 3 – 140  
April 5th Day 4 – 150               April 6th Day 5 – Rest Day

April 7th Day 6 – 160               April 8th Day 7 – 170               April 9th Day 8 – 180  
April 10th Day 9 – 190             April 11th Day 10 – Rest Day

April 12th Day 11 – 200           April 13th Day 12 – 210           April 14th Day 13 – 220
April 15th Day 14 – 230           April 16th Day 15 – Rest Day

April 17th Day 16 – 240           April 18th Day 17 – 250           April 19th Day 18 – 260
April 20th Day 19 – 270           April 21st Day 20 – Rest Day

April 22nd Day 21 – 280           April 23rd Day 22 – 290           April 24th Day 23 – 300
April 25th Day 24 – 310           April 26th Day 25 – Rest Day

April 27th Day 26 – 320           April 28th Day 27 – 330           April 29th Day 28 – 340
April 30th Day 29 – 350          

I have taken out the increments of 5’s and to continue to increase by 10’s and take it up to 350 for a total for this month.  Remember you can choose to do these with or without weights.  Good luck if you take up this month’s challenge.

Let’s get back to TapouT XT to finish off this post today…FOOD.
There is a meal plan that comes with the program and I will combine it with other meal plans and clean meals that I have followed or made in the past year.  I will let you know which meal plan I have taken the meal from, or if it one of my own creations.

Today’s food…
Breakfast: Rice Puff Cereal and Egg Whites
This was a combination off TapouT XT and me.  The cereal was TXT and the egg whites were ME.



Snack: Baby Carrots

Lunch: Ground Turkey with Green Peppers, Onions and Tomato Sauce served with Egg Whites
This one was ALL ME!  I had some leftover ground turkey in the fridge, so I created this simple and delicious lunch time meal.  I put some of the turkey mixture in the egg white and it was fantastic.



Snack: Skinny Cow Ice Cream Sandwich/Baby Carrots
This was a leftover Easter treat from my children, so I had to eat it.  It was a sugar-free treat, but not 100% clean.  I won’t be making a habit of eating these that’s for sure.

Dinner: Baked Chicken with a Homemade Mushroom Soup Sauce
I wanted to make up a different kind of chicken dish tonight for dinner and I started making the baked chicken dish, and then realized I didn’t have any mushroom soup in the house.  BUT…I did have some mushrooms, SO…I found a recipe for mushroom soup and made my own.  It turned out pretty good.



Well I getting my A$$ into bed now to rest for the night and hope that I don’t have to shovel snow in the morning.  Fingers crossed.

Until then…Stay Strong!

Good night

Trina
Ah...a tank top and a tan...that is what I need.

No comments:

Post a Comment