Thursday, April 11, 2013

TapouT XT Day 11 of 90


Day 11 = Yoga XT

This was well deserved and much needed.  After yesterday’s Plyo XT workout, I was glad to do the Yoga XT and have a Rest Day with my Squat Challenge.  I am a pretty flexible person, so I find I can get deep into the poses, but with sore muscles, I find that some of the poses are being held too long, so I come out of the pose and then go back into it.  If you are not very flexible, do the best that YOU can.  The more you do the practice, the more flexible you will become.  I find when I take a break from yoga, I lose some flexibility, so it always nice to come back to it.  It’s good to know that I will be doing Yoga XT each week, with exception to the last week.

I know I said I was going to get some cardio in today, but today is slipping away and I am tired.  I know I shouldn’t use that as an excuse, but it was a “Snow Day” for the school kids, so I had my hands full, and the kids were crazy today.  I think every one is going stir crazy from this crazy weather.  It was more of an Ice Day rather than snow.  Freezing rain on and off all day, and they are calling for more overnight.  The lights keep flickering too, which could mean the power could go out at any time.  I hope it waits until I go to bed.

My bike sits right beside The Big Orange Chair that I sit in while I write to you, and it’s calling my name.  So I still might get some cardio in yet tonight, even if it’s only 20 minutes.  But for now, let’s talk food.  All my meals and snacks were of my own creation.  With all the meal plans and clean recipe books that I have followed or read over the last two years, I am able to create these meals, enjoy them and feel satisfied with all of them.

Today’s food…
Breakfast: Egg White/Turkey Omelet served with Kale Chips


I made the kale chips up last night after dinner.  
They were a nice crispy treat to go with my egg whites and turkey.


Snack: Cantaloupe with Chocolate Protein Whipped Cream
Here is my experimental protein whipped cream…


I used real whipping cream and 1 scoop of chocolate protein powder.  It mixed up pretty good.  And the taste is not that bad either.  It wasn’t as “Whipped” as it was when I first made it, but it still worked with the cantaloupe.  Vanilla protein powder may have gone better with the fruit, but I only had chocolate on hand.

Lunch: Ground Turkey with Onions and Mixed Vegetables served with a Cucumber Salad
This was a Hot n’ Cold lunch today that I ended up mixing together, and OH SO GOOD.


Snack: Cottage Cheese and Pineapple



Dinner: Spaghetti Squash with a Turkey Meat Sauce

If you have never tried spaghetti squash…you MUST…at least once.  
I wasn’t sure at first, but now it is one of my favourite meals.

Snack: Popcorn with Coconut Oil
Requested by the children and I am a sucker for popcorn.  I have no control.  Well I do to some extent.  No, no I don’t! LOL

Tomorrow’s workout…Legs and Back XT…enough said for now.

Until then…Stay Strong!

Good night

Trina


No comments:

Post a Comment