Monday, April 22, 2013

TapouT XT Day 22 of 90


Day 22 = Competition Core + It’s Earth Day

Happy Earth Day to you!  Let’s take care of not only ourselves, but this great planet, in which we all call home.

Competition Core…I love this one!  Only it did not happen at 5:30am today.  Throughout the night the bed got kind-of-very crowded.  Me, my husband, the cat, my daughter and then my son all occupied the mattress, pillows and covers.  I think the cat was the first to find another place to sleep after my son came in.  My son was complaining that his leg was sore and he couldn't sleep.  He didn’t seem to have any trouble falling back to sleep once he was with Mummy and Daddy.  I think he might be going through a growing spurt and experiencing growing pains.  I can’t believe he is going to be 8 this year.  Time does fly by, so be sure to cherish each moment with your children.  Yes…even the whining ones. 

I just heard on the radio that the number one reason for people falling off track of getting fit and healthy is… “I had a bad day”.  Yes that can happen, but don’t let it affect your overall journey.  Many times too many people have one bad day and it turns into 2 and then a week and so forth.  Don’t let happen to you.  I have had my fair share of “bad days” lately, but I am not going to let them get to me and throw me off course.

Getting to the workout…it is a fantastic energy boosting workout.  It’s all about the core and believe me, it gets worked.  One of my favourite moves from Ultimate Abs XT is in this workout too, The Bader Roll.  I can already tell I am improving with this move alone.  My roll is strong, and my ISO hold is firm.  I still need to work on the KILLER MOVE…The Queen Bee…I think I did it longer than the last time, but I was starting to feel a bit dizzy and light headed so I paused and took a break and then modified the move…same action but with not much of a hop, and still keeping the abs tight.  That’s how ABS are made. 

I was thinking of sneaking in that missed Plyo XT workout, but again I did not.  Out of all the TapouT XT workouts I have done so far, Plyo XT is probably my least favourite if I had to pick one.  Maybe this is why I am putting it off.  It’s a tough one!  I think with doing the Squat Challenge and TapouT XT at the same time, my legs are really taking a beating.  They are feeling much sorer these last few weeks, and adding in more jumping, I’m kind of shying away from it.  But don’t you fear I will do the Plyo XT workout when it comes up on my calendar again.  This by the way is, next Monday.

Today’s food…
Breakfast: Rice Cakes topped with Almond Butter and Honey
I love these.  





It was just something I came up with over the weekend.  I wanted peanut butter and honey, but the peanut butter was not around so I grabbed the almond butter instead…delicious!











Lunch: Chicken and Broccoli Cauliflower Crusted Pizza

No added sauce, just a little mozzarella cheese on top and it was ready.

Snack: Strawberries and Cottage Cheese



Dinner: Chicken and Vegetable Soup

This soup hit the spot.  It was nice that all I had to do was take it out of the freezer and heat it up.
Homemade soup from a few weeks ago.

My daughter and I made a clean banana loaf this afternoon.  We both had a taste and it was great.

Snack: Golden Delicious Apple

So I got this post on my Facebook wall today and I thought I would pass it on to you...
I'm so glad I signed up the other day.  I would have been pissed if I missed this one.  
BUT, they may just add another day of colour fun.  Keep checking their website...www.colormerad.com Get on the waiting list.

I feel like I have been slacking in the nutrition department and THAT is causing me NOT to get the results I want lately.  Not that I have been eating badly, but rather not planning enough like I have in the past.  As I mentioned before we all have our ups and downs in life and when the tough times hit, we just have to be TOUGHER.  And I AM!  It’s STRESS that throws the fork in the road for many journeys.  I know that that is the case for me. 

A great way to clear your mind is to workout.  Stress therapy so to say.  I needed some therapy tonight, so I went out for a run.  I felt a bit sluggish, but I felt great when I was done.  I will sleep well tonight.  That I need to gear up for a new TapouT XT workout in the morning…Buns and Guns XT.  That’s what is on my calendar, so that is what I will do.

Until then…Stay Strong!

Good night

Trina 

No comments:

Post a Comment