Saturday, October 19, 2013

0 Days to Go!

Well it's the night before my first half marathon. The last time I wrote to you, I wasn't feeling so good. I am happy to report that I am feeling better than last night. I am just tired and hungry now. 

My family and I arrived at the Direct Energy Centre this morning and after tasting some Oasis juices and smoothies, we made our way to race kit pick up.  I was still feeling kind of blah, so we didn't stick around the Expo for too long. After picking up my kit, they do a chip verification to ensure your chip is working. My son thought it was pretty cool when my name popped up on the screen. 

I signed the Inspiration Wall...
That's mine in the blue ink. 

We did a quick look around at the other booths. I saw a really, REALLY nice The North Face running jacket, but I had to pass on it. : (  I told you in a couple post back that I was going to make myself a jacket...it didn't happen. Well it started, but I didn't get it finished. My fabric came in for the workout pants that I had orders for so I made those instead.  

After leaving the Expo, I did hesitate out in the hallway whether or not to go back in and buy the jacket. But I was so tired, I just needed to leave. 

We made our way to our hotel and there we were able to get an early check-in and I was able to crawl into the bed and rest for a couple hours.  Then the hunger set in. 
Yep! We are staying at the Renaissance Hotel and our room is overlooking the field. The kids thought that was pretty cool. 

We got ready to go out in the rain to check things out and grab some food. The fresh air and the walk made me feel much better.  As we walked along the streets, the race set up was in full swing. 


The excitement started to build. But by this point we were all pretty wet and needed to get back to the hotel. 

So back here at the hotel, I am again under the covers resting before we go get some more food.  For our exciting evening we are watching extreme coupon. I have never watched this show before, but it's crazy how much money these people are saving. CRAZY!!!!

I couldn't do it. I don't have the time that these people devote to it. But it would be nice to get a $700.00 shop, down to $0.56. Now if they only had some extreme coupons for The North Face jacket to go from $103.00 to $3.00...I'm in. 
I got my race items ready...

I will say good night to you now. And thank you to all of you that have wished me well...Thank you!

I see you at the finish line. 

Until then...Stay Strong!

Good night

Trina

No comments:

Post a Comment